LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball fx 3

james4434

Hi

Hope everyone is keeping safe with this covid-19

So I am at the end process of my build and I am now stuck, I have a copy of pinball fx 3 installed and I need a 3rd party application antimicro to start when I launch Pinball fx 3 through BigBox but also to close when I exit pinball fx 3. I have had to use this because for some reason Pinball FX 3 is not picking up my 2 joy stick and buttons but the rest off my emulators do

has anyone got an idea how to do this?

Thank in advance

Edited by james4434

Would need to create two "Additional Applications" in your Pinball FX3 game. First one would be easy. Just point it to the application you need to start and check the "Automatically run before Main Application". Then would need to add a second app that shuts down the antimicro process and check the "Automatically run after Main Application".

That being said running it though Steam MAY make that more difficult because Launchbox tends to see the initial pop up that Steam launches as the game process instead of the game itself so the "After Main App" app would likely fire prematurely.

@james4434 You might also try AutoHotkey to either call antimicro or depending on how your pad works, may be able to do the commands needed directly in AHK.  The additional app feature noted by C-beats works great, but the major issue is that it has to be entered for each game/table, and not per emulator (sadly...I hope it gets added somewhere down the road).  There are some tools in the download section to copy the additional app commands from one game to all games in system as well as can do manually but it is a pain if you got more than a few items to add (~96 tables in FX3 in my setup). 

You can also use the AHK feature built into LB ("Running Autohotkey Script), but again sadly FX3 and Future Pinball have issues with AHK run from within LB.  Any scripts within the tab will not run the code.   But there is way around this by using AHK outside of LB.  So I use an AHK script converted to an EXE (comes with the AHK install tools) to launch the appropriate table from Steam as well as set up my XBOX One Guide button so it will exit FX3 when pressed. I also set it to use ALT Esc to exit FX3 from my keyboard I so don't have to go through the three menus in FX3. 

Here is example of my setup for the emulator in LB calling the AHK EXE script as the "emulator":

Capture.thumb.JPG.84c089c75809916f7e7ccbb340dc273e.JPGHere is the script it is calling. You would need to modify what applies to your controller and then use the AHK tool to convert to standalone AHK. You could also call antimicro similarly (so then just get rid of all the text after #IfWinActive). 

;AHK.EXE SCRIPT - Pinball FX3
;Use ALT ESC from keyboard to exit FX3.  Also use XBOX Guide Button to exit

#SingleInstance, Force 
Run, "c:\program files (x86)\steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 442120 -class -table_"%1%"
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Pinball FX3.exe 
SendMode, Input 
$!Esc::
	Process, Close, Pinball FX3.exe
	ExitApp
return

$vk07::
	Process, Close, Pinball FX3.exe
	ExitApp
return

Note that I did this before the Game Controller Mappings in LB were improved over last 6 months as well as the Pause feature addition.  For example, a normal FX3 setup will now exit with my controller key combos in LB but unfortunately the Pause Menu still will not trigger.  But in my case, it really dispenses with the Guide exit need I had prior.  For the moment, I have just left as I have since it is working.

Edited by sundogak

• 1 year later...

Hi Sundogak, 

I have any questions. 

I'm not good with scripts and I would to import my 100 tables of Pinball Fx3 on Launchbox as individually start (not menu). I don't have steam.exe but only pinballfx3.exe

How to do? Can you send me code files on by one. 

I would launch every single table, put pause, and exit without pass for more menus. 

Last question. 

For pause, for exit and other codes, are same for all platforms in launchbox? Have you lost command for function? Or you know the site that tell me this?

Thanks for all. 

Mark. 

30 minutes ago, mctrading said:

Hi Sundogak, 

I have any questions. 

I'm not good with scripts and I would to import my 100 tables of Pinball Fx3 on Launchbox as individually start (not menu). I don't have steam.exe but only pinballfx3.exe

How to do? Can you send me code files on by one. 

I would launch every single table, put pause, and exit without pass for more menus. 

Last question. 

For pause, for exit and other codes, are same for all platforms in launchbox? Have you lost command for function? Or you know the site that tell me this?

Thanks for all. 

Mark. 

I don't have the Microsoft Store version of FX3 but see this post from Retro808 which indicates the setups are relatively similar between Steam and MS Store.