LaunchBox Community Forums

My First Cabinet Build - Aurora Gaming Station

Moleburt

I just wanted to share with the forum what my first full cabinet build turned out like. I am not a handy person by any means, but am very proud of the fact that I built this by myself, with the exception of a few things. I am still fine tuning all of the lighting with LEDBlinky and fixing any issues I find while playing games or anything. I am lucky enough to work in a print shop so I was able to print and install my own graphics. I used the design of the "Pathways" cabinet and "Flynns Arcade" that I saw in the arcadecontorls.com forums and used that as my starting point for the look. I'm really proud of the way it turned out and love the way it looks.

I Still have some little things I want to do, get slip rings for the rgb wires on the joysticks to keep thing from tangling (unless someone has a different suggestion). I also in the future would like to switch to using 2 PACLed64's and a iPAC 4, I think I could lay those out better and wire manage better with those (my wire management left a lot to be desired with my iPacUltimate and 1 PACLed64, but it works). In the future I may switch to wireless controllers rather than wired for console games that use them, this would also solve the issue of retroarch being difficult to assign device order to. Other than those things I don't know what else I would change with this current build. 

I am running my old pc as the emulation machine, with some upgraded parts to make it run some things a little better, here is this rigs specs:

• i3-9100F 3.6Ghz
  • Geforce GTX 970 SSC 4GB
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 256 GB SSD
  • 1TB Storage Drive
  • Gigabyte B365M Motherboard
  • Liquid Cooling for CPU
  • DIYPC Cuboid-R Black/Red tower

Let me know what you think, was happy to finally be able to share my cabinet!

1 Side Panel.jpg

2 Sides.jpg

3 Control Panel.jpg

4 Side Panels being Installed.jpg

5 Sides and Back 2.jpg

6 Back.jpg

7 Front.jpg

8 Full Cabinet.jpg

9 Cabinet with Plexi in place.jpg

10 Cabinet painted black.jpg

11 Graphics Printing.jpg

12 Printed graphics 2.jpg

13 Printed graphics.jpg

14 Side Graphics Installed.jpg

15 Side Graphics Installed 2.jpg

16 Control Panel Graphic Installed.jpg

17 Marquee Sign Made.jpg

18 Control Panel put together.jpg

19 Cabinet with Graphics and Controls Installed.jpg

20 Cabinet.jpg

21 Controllers and holders mounted.jpg

22 Marquee Not Lit.jpg

23 Marquee Lit.jpg

24 Completed Cabinet.jpg

25 Completed Cabinet lights on.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

10 hours ago, tallguy6819 said:

What type of wood did you use?

I used 5/8 Particle board, would have used MDF but the Home Depot where I live didn't have it. I used 1x1's as the ledger board but most the builds I've seen use .5"x1" pine or something like that, I thought for my first build 1x1's would give the screws more grip, I just used woodglue and counter sunk the screws into the 1x1's so there was no holes to be patched on the graphics side. My friend whose in construction said next time for making it easier and stronger he would suggest using wood glue and pin nailing in on the graphics side, said that would hold together even better.

23 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

STARTS OFF BY SAYING, "iM NOT A HANDY GUY"... THEN GOES ON TO SHOW A KILLER SETUP. yOU ARE OFFICIALLY "HANDY" NOW  ?

fucking caps

@ItchyRobot Thanks! I stand by the fact that I'm not handy in the traditional sense, need me to make a aracde cabinet that looks pretty good, apparently I can do that, need me to build a computer, easy. Need me to fix anything at my house or in a car....hope you like things not to work lol.