LaunchBox Community Forums

AutoHotKey and third-party folder (solved)

itadna

Hi there

After the latest two updates, AHK scripts set in the emulator setting boxes are not working anymore (they are not executed).

The first thing I thought was due to the AHK folder movement to the new created third-party one.

Putting the folder back to the root (where it was) makes everything working again.

Is there a way for checking the path where LB is looking for the AHK exe or is it hardcoded in the main app?

Is it only my problem (maybe something went wrong during the update) or somebody else had the same?

For the moment I solved copying the folder back to the root. Not a big issue but I'd like to keep the folders as they should be.

Thank and bye

ItaDNA

1 hour ago, itadna said:

Hi there

After the latest two updates, AHK scripts set in the emulator setting boxes are not working anymore (they are not executed).

The first thing I thought was due to the AHK folder movement to the new created third-party one.

Putting the folder back to the root (where it was) makes everything working again.

Is there a way for checking the path where LB is looking for the AHK exe or is it hardcoded in the main app?

Is it only my problem (maybe something went wrong during the update) or somebody else had the same?

For the moment I solved copying the folder back to the root. Not a big issue but I'd like to keep the folders as they should be.

Thank and bye

ItaDNA

Are you talking about any AHK you may have in the Running AHK or Exit AHK tab of the manage emulators settings? The move should not have affected those. Still working on my end and we have had no other reports even during beta testing.

6 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are you talking about any AHK you may have in the Running AHK or Exit AHK tab of the manage emulators settings? The move should not have affected those. Still working on my end and we have had no other reports even during beta testing.

Yes, I'm referring to the scripts in the "edit emulator" box, the running and the exit ones

setting.thumb.png.0f5f809b37f1f1373e8fcbf1fc18026d.png

If I keep the folder nested in the thirdparty one, the script will be not executed.

3rd.thumb.png.91e7e95880c60bd9f3589bc6f022e4b1.png

If I move the folder back to the launchbox root, the script will work as usual.

root.thumb.png.016a12526e3d49826b62f295ed73a1da.png

For all the other scripts where I used the ahk program as "Additional App" in the rom/game properties is almost clear that I will need to update all the paths because this is not happened automatically.

I will try to fix this with a search and replace in the XMLs.

309174316_Annotazione2020-04-18200932.thumb.png.2926ed9bac082411b6f2ec132138418c.png

• itadna changed the title to AutoHotKey and third-party folder (solved)