LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple instances of Launchbox starting

Foebik

I recent set up Mame and while trying to play any of the games... after a min or two it switches me out to an error that saying you can have more than one running at a time. I have seen up to 4 of these in the background at a time before I just give up and stop playing. The game itself will play ok on it's attract demo, but once I start actually playing is when I get this problem. So obviously it has something to do with the controls I have set up, just not sure where. Any assistance would be helpful.

8 minutes ago, Foebik said:

I recent set up Mame and while trying to play any of the games... after a min or two it switches me out to an error that saying you can have more than one running at a time. I have seen up to 4 of these in the background at a time before I just give up and stop playing. The game itself will play ok on it's attract demo, but once I start actually playing is when I get this problem. So obviously it has something to do with the controls I have set up, just not sure where. Any assistance would be helpful.

My guess is that you have either keyboard mapping or a controller mapping set up to "Show LaunchBox", and maybe that's triggering. Something is running a copy of LaunchBox.exe or BigBox.exe, which is triggering that message. Can you check your bindings?

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue, I can't even get into Launchbox as it is trying to open multiple copies and it can't be shut down. I have to shut down my PC to end this cycle. I am using a downloadedf image by OMG which I downloaded his base files following the link in his youtube videos.  I am not that good at getting launchbox looking like Colpipes, Retro88 or any other legends who show off this software.

1 hour ago, SkyGod63 said:

I have the same issue, I can't even get into Launchbox as it is trying to open multiple copies and it can't be shut down. I have to shut down my PC to end this cycle. I am using a downloadedf image by OMG which I downloaded his base files following the link in his youtube videos.  I am not that good at getting launchbox looking like Colpipes, Retro88 or any other legends who show off this software.

I'm sorry, but you will not get any support here for a downloaded image, we do not offer support at all for something that includes roms, not only is the illegal it is also impossible for us to know how the image was setup and what other programs are being used with it. You also state that you dont know how things work with it either, thats a major con of not setting up your own build, you have no idea how any of it works and come to the official forums for help, and as i say we don't know how it is setup either. 

• 9 months later...