LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up light guns on Teknoparrot/Aimtrak

clarkus

Everything you need is here https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki

Your command is right but do you have demulshooter in the same directory as the game? Otherwise you have to changedirectory to point to it. It won't just work anywhere on your computer without you giving the directory of where Demulshooter is located. 

Example this is my autohotkey script for Silent Hill Arcade with Demulshooter. Keep in mind your directories will be different obviously. 

SetWorkingDir, C:\Downloads\DemulShooter_v8.8.2
run DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=sha
SetWorkingDir, C:\Games\Collection Chamber\Silent Hill Arcade
run KSHG_no_cursor.exe

You then right click on the AHK script and compile it into an exe and just load it into Launchbox. Then I don't have to do anything else in Launchbox it will just launch when clicked on with Demulshooter.  

The easiest way to do it though is just copy all files from your Demulshooter folder and put them in the directory of each game. Then you just make a new AHK script in the directory of your game don't have to change directories at all. So if you do that my example would be just

run DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=sha

run KSHG_no_cursor.exe

Cuts all all the directories being needed. 

So let's say you copy all the Demulshooter files in the directory of Teknoparrot and run the script from there. Your AHK script would be this

run, Demulshooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4 

run, TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=hotd4.xml

I am not sure if hotd4.xml is the correct profile you have to check in your Teknoparrot directory.

Edited by Jayinem

Hello, 

So I tried the above and the AHK script. It will run dumelshooter and open the game but sill will not work. Still have just a mouse for the gun. (No trigger) 

I went through the instructions on https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki and still will not work. 

One thing that I see about HOTD4 is this. "Make sure to use the RevC version of HOD4. Older (first) dump not supported anymore."

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I have an older version of this rom downloaded. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you  

35 minutes ago, clarkus said:

Hello, 

So I tried the above and the AHK script. It will run dumelshooter and open the game but sill will not work. Still have just a mouse for the gun. (No trigger) 

I went through the instructions on https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki and still will not work. 

One thing that I see about HOTD4 is this. "Make sure to use the RevC version of HOD4. Older (first) dump not supported anymore."

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I have an older version of this rom downloaded. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you  

I'm not trying to be rude but that page is by the guy who created Demulshooter. If he tells you you need a certain dump then the answer is obvious, you need to get that other dump the one you have doesn't work.  

About your second post because it says last version tested doesn't mean a newer version of Teknoparrot doesn't work. Surely you don't expect him to update the wiki every time there's a new update for Teknoparrot after testing every game when a new version comes out almost every single day. 

When it comes to troubleshooting (which is a huge part of getting some lightgun games to work) you've got to learn to take baby steps. The things you're asking me you already know the answer to and just get in there and try it and if you have a issue figure out why and fix it one step at a time. If it says get a different version of a rom don't bother asking me, just get the different version of the rom and see if that fixes your issue. If it somehow doesn't, try different versions of Teknoparrot yourself. 

I just spent the last few weeks stuck at home setting up 164 lightgun games and I rarely ever asked for help. I googled, googled and googled some more and tried every solution possible then if all else failed I would ask for help. 

Edited by Jayinem

5 hours ago, clarkus said:

Also will having a newer version of Teknoparrot cause issues? 

On demulshooters site it states - "Last version of TeknoParrot tested : 1.0.0.287"

I would probably stick with the known working versions of TeknoParrot for DemulShooter. Even though TeknoParrot receives constant updates the dev of demulshooter may only do updates when there is a known TeknoParrot update to rail shooter games. I would check emuline forums though they are good source of info. If the wiki states Linderberg system games were tested with 1.0.0.287 I would use that version.

Also what are you using as your lightgun?

Thank you Retro808 for your direct response. Its nice to see someone just answer the question instead of giving me a lecture. I've searched the internet for all my questions and had my answers provided.  Unfortunately teknoparrot was my pain in the ass emulator. I did find the version that worked. 

Thank you all for your answers. 

4 hours ago, clarkus said:

Thank you Retro808 for your direct response. Its nice to see someone just answer the question instead of giving me a lecture. I've searched the internet for all my questions and had my answers provided.  Unfortunately teknoparrot was my pain in the ass emulator. I did find the version that worked. 

Thank you all for your answers. 

No worries. I have only tinkered with Tekno and Lightguns so no expert here. We try to be as helpful as we can though.

Hello, 

So was able to download a new version of the rom and it worked with enabling the mouse for the gun. Still cant get it to work with demulshooter. Does teknoparrat have an option to enable rawinput? I'm trying everything to get this damn game to see my aimtrak guns. lol Ill keep looking online for more answers. 

Hi Clarkus,

The reason the Wiki says older versions is because every time TP was updated it would stop working with Demulshooter, however that has changed and normally updated versions of TP don't break ability to use with Demulshooter.

I have just updated a version of TP, and the newest version is still working, so it doesn't matter if you update TP completely, it should still work for you.

Have you run Demulshooter in debug mode? this is a handy way to check that it is hooking correctly, to do this add -v to your command line or shortcut (not sure on how you do it)

Happy to help out, so if you want to PM me then you can, I don't use Aimtrak myself, I use Wiimotes which add another level of complexity to it!!!, but the theory is the same, quite often it is a simple mistake or error and a fresh pair of eyes help!! 

Hopefully this doesn't sound patronising or like a lecture, and don't be afraid to ask for help, everyone does and if you look on this site and others you will find plenty examples of that.

As a side note doesn't matter where you have Demulshooter and the game, as long as you set up your system "correctly" (that is my definition of correctly -other people will have a different version of correctly) you can do it all with one version of Demulshooter (Ok technically I have 3 but that is only because 2 games on my system are a PIA and only work with a specific version of Demulshooter-that is a limitation of my old computer rather than the programme though)

Regards

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello to all
I'm coming to you because I'm confronted with a problem concerning the Teknoparrot games.
At each exit of games (when I leave the game), I have these error messages that appear 
error2.thumb.jpg.a697e969ef29b46459fa24fdec2285eb.jpgerror1.jpg.d4a675558bf9ea871756524c4a8dea86.jpg

Can you please help me?

Thanking you in advance for your feedback

Best regards.

Flo