LaunchBox Community Forums

Atomiswave/naomi issues.

Arne

Watched and followed your tutorial to set up Atomiswave and Naomi using Reicast...first issue, there no longer is a Reicast core, only the Flycast cores, tried different approaches and setups to no avail....updated and downloaded latest retroarch cores...tried the Demure emulator as last ditch effort after 6/7 hours...read 2 hours worth of post, mostly from 3 or 4 years ago...

And the correct bios was installed.

Would really appreciate some help. Thanks. 

Edited by Arne

Demul is your best bet for those particular roms but it's not easy either. Sometimes you have to try different bios sometimes they update the needed bios. Just pay exact attention to what the error bios give and google that and usually you will find the answer.  You could also ask me if you have a particular error and I might be able to help.  

But if the correct bios were installed and you have the chds (not all require chds some do) the games will work in Demul. The error is almost always either about the bios or chd missing. Sometimes there's compatibility issues on top of that in Flycast. They're just not easy on either one but if you google exactly the error you can usually find the correct bios/chds you need. 

This is just an example I had Star Wars Racer which is a Hikaru rom (only works in Demul) and I could not get it to work with podrace.zip and kept getting an error. I had to download swracer.zip extract some of the files from it and add it to podrace.zip. Sometimes it's just a pain in the ass. 

Edited by Jayinem

7 hours ago, Arne said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'm going to put this on ice until a better core/emulator/tutorial/solution comes along. 15,000 games will keep me busy till then. 

Are the rom files you are currenlty using .bin and .lst? If so ditch those. They are no longer worth using. The best way to play Atomiswave and Naomi is to use the rom files from mame rom set.

Demul is simple to set up. If you download a full mame rom set all the zip and bios files you will need are in there. You would then only need to get the chd for some games. The Riecast core is now the Flycast core and that core works with the mame roms/bios files as well.