LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame additional apps problem

Orrmighty

Hi all,

I just downloaded a whole bunch of mame roms on LB. most of them work fine with the mame emulator. However I’ve noticed the ones with additional apps (game versions?) don’t work..unless I pick a particular version and make it default.

if I launch the games from mame emulator directly they work..

As I have hundreds of roms like this is there a way to bulk fix this problem?? 

image.png

image.jpeg

Edited by Orrmighty

4 hours ago, Orrmighty said:

Hi all,

I just downloaded a whole bunch of mame roms on LB. most of them work fine with the mame emulator. However I’ve noticed the ones with additional apps (game versions?) don’t work..unless I pick a particular version and make it default.

if I launch the games from mame emulator directly they work..

As I have hundreds of roms like this is there a way to bulk fix this problem?? 

When you say "downlaoded a whole bunch of mame roms on LB" do you mean you downloaded roms and imported them yourself into LB or you downloaded one of those prebuilt LaunchBox set-ups some people make?

I would first right click a game an edit it, then in the additional apps tab edit one of the additional rom versions and make sure it is pointing to the correct emulator.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 7.48.52 AM.png

Hi!

thankyou for your reply!!

No I’m building my collection from scratch..I think I’ve figured the problem. I used mame arcade importer which I think imports game box art and stuff for roms that I don’t have.

im gonna delete it all and just use the rom importer

3 minutes ago, Orrmighty said:

Hi!

thankyou for your reply!!

No I’m building my collection from scratch..I think I’ve figured the problem. I used mame arcade importer which I think imports game box art and stuff for roms that I don’t have.

im gonna delete it all and just use the rom importer

The fullset importer assumes you have a fullset and adds all working games, regardless of if you have them or not. It doesnt actually scan and check your files as its specifically for fullsets.