LaunchBox Community Forums

Alternative to EmuMovies

proghodet

Hey, thanks for all the help and for the script.

There's a problem with the video. I set the duration for 15 seconds.

1. When I play the video on Windows Media Player, the audio is not synced. The audio starts and stops 3 seconds before the video. What I get is an 18 second video that's 3 seconds behind its audio.
  2. So I uploaded the video on Streamable (link here) to show you and that's when I noticed that on Streamable it actually played perfectly in sync! Now I'm thinking it's something on my end. You can download it from that page and see if your media players play it just as well.
  3. When I play the video on Media Player Classic, the video and audio are in sync but the first 3 seconds are muted.
  4. When I play the video on VLC media player, the video and audio are in sync but the first second is a bit scrambled and the video cuts off at 14 seconds (maybe rounds to 15 seconds).
Edited by grim.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I´ve tested out skraper.net, since I was missing some covers and videos.

The good:

- it was in fact fetching more videos than Emumovies did.

- it´s free.

The bad:

- my xml-file for my test-platform (3DO with about 60 games) was messed up afterwards (turning 3-CD-Games in 3 seperate games),

- there were also tons of duplicates left (it downloads one image/video per file, so this creates lots of trash for multidisc-games)

- I didn´t find an option to just search for a certain game/platform and grab what I need. You have to bind it to your frontend and run all over your rom-directory. Since I just need to fill some gaps, this leads to more cleaning work than it would help.

In the end all it did was screwing up my setup, so I deleted all 3DO-media folders and started scraping with LaunchboxDB/Emumovies all over again. Yeah, there were some files missing in the end, but at least it didn´t bloat up my media folders.

I was just looking for a simple source for some missing video snaps, that aren´t available at Emumovies. A media hub with title/platform search and the option to download only a video snap/cover/screenshot PER GAME, that´s it. I don´t want to scrape a whole platform or download media packs with EVERYTHING, since I got already 90% most of the time. Any ideas?

There is a nice webtool to edit Youtube-Videos on the fly. Sadly with matermarks, but they will be gone, if you create an account (it´s free, as long you don´t edit more than 7 minutes, which should be more than enough for a gameplay snap):

https://www.kapwing.com/

I´ve started creating some video snaps for more obscure Amstrad CPC titles, if there was a longplay available. Works fine so far. Rename your downloaded video file to match your rom-file and you´re set.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All for an alternative to emumovies (which I cancelled my subscription to when I discovered they did an auto-rebill on my PayPal account without authorization).  I had some success with transferring a large amount of media from my old hyperspin  setup but still could use a few more videos snaps.  I downloaded the excellent C64 Dreams collection and have a good number of C64 movies for my premium LB config, but a lot of those "movies" are just slideshows.  But always great to find new ways to scrape and scrounge for those emu movies so thanks OP.

Edited by JoJoJuJu59