LaunchBox Community Forums

Keyboard automation appears to crash in Bigbox.

DJ Callyman

I have keyboard automation set up in Bigbox and it is working well for the most part. I have the Hold Key set up as my P1 Coin button which is mapped to "5" using an Ultimarc I-PAC2. My P1 Start button triggers the pause screen (mapped to "1" using the IPAC).

This works great for a while and then just stops working entirely. The only way to fix it is to restart Bigbox (full reboot or just exit and restart Bigbox - both work).

The buttons continue to work for their ordinary functions. I've tried using the keyboard itself when this happens and that won't work either. It doesn't seem to matter what type of rom or emulator I'm using - I've witnessed it occur on both MAME and Retroarch.

I've turned off all built-in button shift functionality on the IPAC to ensure nothing is clashing.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

I think Jason mentioned some themes that use one of Eatkinola's plug-ins have been having issues with Pause feature. What theme are you using? I would recommend trying the default theme if you are not using it and see if it happens with that theme. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I think Jason mentioned some themes that use one of Eatkinola's plug-ins have been having issues with Pause feature. What theme are you using? I would recommend trying the default theme if you are not using it and see if it happens with that theme. 

I've been using Viking's COLORFUL theme. Thanks for the tip - I found the post in the beta thread that you're talking about and it seems like it might be the same issue.

I'll try out some other themes and see if it helps.

Well I've tried numerous other theme, Including the default bigbox theme and it still seems to be happening. I have attached my log - there appear to be numerous errors though I'm not sure if they're related. In this example the pause screen worked 5 or 6 times before it just stopped responding (either via buttons or direct on a keyboard).

Any ideas?

Debug 2020-05-09 10-35-08 PM.log