LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox v10.4 Not Listing Ps1 games

sipes760

For some reason Launchbox is not recognising my PS1 games. I have tried to add them several times, but when I get to the final screen of the import wizard the area where the games are supposed to be listed is empty. I was able to setup my other systems without any problems, so I am using the import wizard properly. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, sipes760 said:

For some reason Launchbox is not recognising my PS1 games. I have tried to add them several times, but when I get to the final screen of the import wizard the area where the games are supposed to be listed is empty. I was able to setup my other systems without any problems, so I am using the import wizard properly. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Well the thing here is Launchbox doesnt care what the file type is, it will import anything you tell it to, literally any file type can be added, so this isnt a case of it "not seeing your ps1 games" something more fundamental is at play here. What format are your roms in, and what steps are you using in the import wizard? Images of the steps would also be helpfull.

The files are bin and cue format with m3us for the multi-disc titles. 

Steps For Importing Games:

1. On launchboxes Main Screen I navigate to Menu-->tools-->Import Rom files

2. On the first screen of the import wizard I click Next

3. On the Files to import screen I choose add folders and locate my PS1 games folder I then highlight the folder name and click on OK

4. Back at the select files to import screen I click next

5. On the "what platform are you importing game for?" screen I choose Sony Playstation from the drop down menu and click next

6. On the "what emulator would you like to use? screen I choose Retroarch (which I have set as the default Playstatiom emulator and I am using the "mednafen_psx_hw_libretro" core) and I push next

7. On the "would you like to move or copy files?" screen I click on "use the files in their current location" then i push next

8. On the next three screens all boxes are checked

9. On the "would you like to select specific options screen? I check the boxes for "use folder names instead of rom file names for game titles",  "look for PDF files to use as the games manual", and "combine roms with a matching title into a single game" then I push next

10. The "ready to import" screen comes up but no games are listed 

OK, i assume your games are in a folder per game inside a PS1 folder? So launchbox is looking in the PS1 folder and not seeing any files, just other folders.

Go into your PS1 folder in windows explorer and in the explorer search bar type *.cue, this will show all the .cue files in your PS1 folder. Click one then CTRL A to highlite them all, then drag and drop them onto launchbox to start the import wizard for those files.