LaunchBox Community Forums

Chadmando's Super Pause Menu (64bit windows)

Hello again !
I have a "real" issue to submit this time. Save state and load state doesn't work with dolphin, while classic launchbox's pause menu works fine. I tried to use in super Pause the same autohotkey script i use with "classic" pause menu, but still no luck... This is what i tried for save state :

Send {Shift down}
Sleep 50
Send {F1 down}
Sleep 50
Send {F1 up}
Sleep 50
Send {Shift up}

Do you have any idea about what's happening ?

Edited by Dalba

• 1 month later...

On 10/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, Dalba said:

Hello again !
I have a "real" issue to submit this time. Save state and load state doesn't work with dolphin, while classic launchbox's pause menu works fine. I tried to use in super Pause the same autohotkey script i use with "classic" pause menu, but still no luck... This is what i tried for save state :

Send {Shift down}
Sleep 50
Send {F1 down}
Sleep 50
Send {F1 up}
Sleep 50
Send {Shift up}

Do you have any idea about what's happening ?

EDIT: You can try what I said below, but it looks like if you amend your code to have commas after send it should work fine as well:

Send, {Shift down}
sleep 50
Send, {F1 down}
sleep 50
Send, {F1 up}
sleep 50
Send, {Shift up}

The code for load would simply be:
Send, {F1 down}
sleep, 50
Send, {F1 up}
ORIGINAL COMMENT: Hey sorry it took so long to get back to you. I tried your method and it didn't work for me either, could be something to do with different timing of my menu loading up. Did the default setting not work for you? I tried saving and loading on the latest dolphin emulator with my default settings and it worked for me.

Double click on the rectangle under "Save State 1:"

save.thumb.jpg.b1768e54da3f9ed3fe067b01c97a0558.jpg

Then hold shift and F1, then click submit, then save at the bottom.

save2.thumb.jpg.5b38f7967c59f8d4983f2995f86a2cd7.jpg

Use the same method for loading. (Simply F1).

Edited by Chadmando
Clarification

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@Chadmando I'm just starting to look it at and it's a really great contribution. Thanks a lot.
I was a little fed up by the Pause Menu on launchbox, especially since it doesn't wait the end of the execution of the AHK pause script to launch and i had for a emulator a specific sets of actions to do prior to show the pause menu.

Citra in my case, the pause menu don't show if fullscreen, so i have to unfullscreen first, then once not in full screen hit pause (if you pause before, you can't change fullscreen status) and only then show the pause menu.

Thanks again for your contribution. Your soft is a great.
I still have few question if you're still around : Is there a way to add custom menu entry ? Could be usefull for some emulators, like for exemple add a "Switch beetween Mempak and Rumble" on N64
Can you open the source of your software ? So if we need a feature, we could add it.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:47 PM, Chadmando said:

EDIT: You can try what I said below, but it looks like if you amend your code to have commas after send it should work fine as well:

Send, {Shift down}
sleep 50
Send, {F1 down}
sleep 50
Send, {F1 up}
sleep 50
Send, {Shift up}

The code for load would simply be:
Send, {F1 down}
sleep, 50
Send, {F1 up}
ORIGINAL COMMENT: Hey sorry it took so long to get back to you. I tried your method and it didn't work for me either, could be something to do with different timing of my menu loading up. Did the default setting not work for you? I tried saving and loading on the latest dolphin emulator with my default settings and it worked for me.

Double click on the rectangle under "Save State 1:"

save.thumb.jpg.b1768e54da3f9ed3fe067b01c97a0558.jpg

Then hold shift and F1, then click submit, then save at the bottom.

save2.thumb.jpg.5b38f7967c59f8d4983f2995f86a2cd7.jpg

Use the same method for loading. (Simply F1).

It may be ultra late, but i still thank you for your advice as you were right ! Adding commas in the ahk script did the trick ! 
So thank you gain !