LaunchBox Community Forums

When I load Diddy Kong Racing, Extreme G plays (Project 64)

Jayinem

Just to show I'm not crazy this is my screen attached below. The game is clear as day Diddy Kong Racing, but when I load it in Launchbox Extreme G plays. I have tried once again selecting the rom, but it still plays Extreme G. Headscratcher to me.  I do also have Extreme G in the same folder, but I don't know how that would effect it loading the wrong rom. If I load it in Project 64 it loads the correct rom Diddy Kong Racing. 

Untitled.png

Edited by Jayinem

Nope it's not, I load it in Project 64 on it's own fine and it's Diddy Kong Racing. 

This is getting even weirder, I decided to revert to Project 64 1.6 for a few reasons I was using Project 64 2.3 before, and now it loads Vigilante 8 LMAO I swear to God I'm not joking or anything. I can make a video tomorrow it's a little late tonight. 

I'm afraid if I make a video you'll think I'm changing the name of the rom on purpose or something. That would be an incredibly lame waste of time wouldn't even qualify as a prank just dumb and that is not what's happening here I promise on everything. 

I just deleted the game from Launchbox, started over and it did it again with Vigilant 8 :( this is nuts. 

Now I think it's something with Project 64 and not Launchbox, I tried it in Project 64 and it opens Vigilante 8. This is the exact same rom that loaded Extreme G. They must have something screwed up in their database or something.

This is so dumb. I have both Project 64 1.6 and 2.3 installed. When I launch it in Launchbox with Project 64 1.6 = Vigiliante 8, when I launch it in Launchbox with Project 64 2.3 = Extreme G, when I launch it with Project 64 1.6 directly = Vigilante 8, when i launch it with Project 64 2.3 directly = Diddy Kong Racing.  IT'S THE EXACT SAME ROM. 

I just downloaded the Euro rom of Diddy Kong Racing, and it loads correctly in Launchbox. Case closed I guess. 

Edited by Jayinem