LaunchBox Community Forums

Is is possible to edit the "No Games Selected" details screen?

JoJoJuJu59

When you first run Launchbox without BigBox you get the "No Games Selected - Please select a game to get details" details pane on the right.  Is it possible to edit this (text, images, etc)?  I want to add a few things and turn it into a sort of Welcome screen.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:55 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi @JoJoJuJu59, it is possible with a custom theme, but that would be the only way to do it currently. Could just copy the default theme and tweak it to make it whatever you want it to be. :)

It there any xml or data file that I can just open and edit with a text editor or something that particular text?  I just wanted to add a few lines of text to start.

Edited by JoJoJuJu59

3 minutes ago, JoJoJuJu59 said:

It there any xml or data file that I can just open and edit with a text editor or something that particular text?  I just wanted to add a few lines of text to start.

It can certainly be done, this is the Lambda theme for example.

image.thumb.png.a985e7a4eb344e1943a1179729570a75.png

You would need to edit the code in something like notepad++, you would want the gamedetailsview.xaml. Thats all i can offer though, i know nothing about coding in xaml.

Oh and you cant edit the default theme, you would need to make a copy of it and edit the copy.