LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME

jayray442

MAME has worked just fine for a long time but since i updated to launchbox 11, now when i select a game in mame it loads fine but no controls works(Ipac,keyboard or xbox one controller) and you can see the mouse and looks like something is trying to load. If i hit ctrl alt delete then hit cancel once the options box comes up, mame suddenly works fine, until i exit and try to load another game then right back to the same problem. I checked outside of launchbox and when i run mame there game loads fine and all controls work fine immediately. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Using version .206 by the way

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by jayray442

Sounds like the MAME window isn't getting focus after being launched.  Launch a game from LB, if the controls aren't working, instead of Ctrl+Alt+Del, hold Alt and then press Tab.  Still holding Alt down, press Tab until you get to the MAME window, then let go of Alt.  Do the controls now work?  If so, Exit MAME (Esc) and try a different Arcade game and see if it works without having to do all that.   Do you have MAME set to Window Mode?  Start Out Maximized (not sure if this one matters)?

11 hours ago, jayray442 said:

i hit ctrl alt delete then hit cancel once the options box comes up, mame suddenly works fine

That's just plain odd.  Well, that and the fact Alt+Tabbing to MAME doesn't work. 

I don't know with which MAME release it changed, but check under Manage Emulators - MAME and see if LB-11 added-in/removed the custom command line "-keyboardprovider dinput".  "added-in"  vs  "removed" depending if 0.206 is 'OK with it'.

Next process-of-elimination I'd suggest is to install version 10 of LaunchBox (from inside the ../Updates/  folder) and see if it truly is a LB-11 thing.  Though I suspect that it is Not.

Tried the stuff under manger Emulators like you said, no luck ,may not of understood what you said to do. Also tried to go back to a previous version I went to the update folder and installed 10 but once it was installed it was a clean version of 10 with nothing in it, was afraid i had lost everything but when closed it and clicked back on launchbox my setup was back but it is still version 11. Also just to try it i went into rocketlauncher and set mame up through it and it worked just fine, so then i went in launchbox and changed default emulator to Rocketlauncher but i still had the same problem as before.

Ok thanks for the help everyone , i figured out my problem apparently long ago i had installed woot launcher on launchbox and and some how it got enabled and was causing this and some other issues because it was conflicting with my normal launchbox start and pause screen. Delted it and everything is back to normal. Thanks to everyone again!

• Game On 1