LaunchBox Community Forums

[Resolved] Launchbox 11 problem with additionnal apps ?

Axenn

Perhaps it's me but i worked on an update of my plugin (on the additionnal apps paths) when i saw there was a multiplication of datas.
I removed my plugin and it continues despite the fact i removed all entries except Two... now there are more than 6, each time i launch Launchbox it seems there is a multiplication

Same problem with custom fields (and my plugin don't work on it)

2020-07-08_19h11_47.png2020-07-08_19h12_18.png

2020-07-08_19h18_27.png

2020-07-08_19h19_21.png

image.png

Edited by Axenn

@Axenn Thanks for the report. I'm not sure what's happening really, because I can't reproduce any duplication with custom fields or additional apps. We did just put out the official 11.1 release. I didn't see this issue with the official 11.0 release either though.

First off, are you able to reproduce any further duplication with the 11.1 release? If so, can you provide us with steps to reproduce?

hi, screenshots are without any plugins, it's because i work on a plugin that will modify paths of additionnal apps that i saw that. At the beginning i thought it was a problem with my plugin but i could'nt understand because this part was not at all activate on save modifications (i have a debug mode included) . The plugin i'm currenly modify is SappPasRoot, it changes all paths for a platform with the minimum of action, and do the work on second phase for roms already recorded.

As i said, each time i launch Launchbox i get new entries without do nothing in the additionnal apps part (without plugin)

Edited by Axenn

@Axenn To be honest I haven't tested much, but I'm pretty sure I know what's going on. You've got copies of your platform data files in your LaunchBox\Data\Platforms folder. Unfortunately you can't copy these files and leave them in the data folders without causing major issues (such as duplication). If you want to copy/back up these files, you'll need to copy them somewhere outside of your LaunchBox\Data folder.

ok i will try right now. I didn't keep in mind Launchbox was evolutive, it's true that you made it (and it's the best) .

Edit: it is exactly that, i know now why all entries were not affected. It was like a water fall, each xml file interacted with the others.

Really sorry to have disturbed you for nothing i prefered to alert before more  people was in this case.

I edited title, i don't know if it's better to delete or to let with explanations.

Edited by Axenn
  • Like 1

• C-Beats changed the title to [Resolved] Launchbox 11 problem with additionnal apps ?
2 hours ago, Axenn said:

ok i will try right now. I didn't keep in mind Launchbox was evolutive, it's true that you made it (and it's the best) .

Edit: it is exactly that, i know now why all entries were not affected. It was like a water fall, each xml file interacted with the others.

Really sorry to have disturbed you for nothing i prefered to alert before more  people was in this case.

I edited title, i don't know if it's better to delete or to let with explanations.

No worries at all; we do appreciate the report. :)