LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I stop the automatic updates?

Ramiro

2 minutes ago, mr_nygren said:

I highly suggest not to enforce updates on users

Updates are not enforced and can be turned off in the options.

2 minutes ago, mr_nygren said:

I spent a lot of time fixing all the controllers and games

That is nothing at all to do with Launchbox, so a Launchbox update will not effect your controls.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Updates are not enforced and can be turned off in the options.

That is nothing at all to do with Launchbox, so a Launchbox update will not effect your controls.

They are enforced..  I literally clicked on "start launchbox" and the update started. It said "installing" despite everything already being installed.

Edited by mr_nygren

Just now, mr_nygren said:

They are enforced.. 

image.thumb.png.b357e3bd8b87126bc0015824a38b9b3e.png

You can turn off updates in options as Neil stated. You can also simply run the installer for the version you want to revert to (should be in your \\LaunchBox\Updates\ folder) on top of your current install and be able to revert to your previous version without any data loss.

Just now, neil9000 said:

No, they are not.

image.thumb.png.954dc3aac37d7c589b070925c26bab96.png

I clicked on "launchbox" like I've done for the last five months without issues - and unlike every other time I've done this the tool was "installing".

I ended the "installation" and then tried to launch Launchbox but then it said the tool no longer exists on my computer..

I checked the folder and it's still there.

When I try to launch Launchbox from the folder nothing happens.

So what I just told you is:

1. The tool was working fine for months since February.

2. Today after exiting the tool and trying to restart it it started to "install".

3. After cancelling the installation it no longer starts at all or reacts when trying to start it.

If that isn't an automatic update I don't know what it is..

I don't understand what it was trying to install when I've literally used Launchbox for months.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

You can turn off updates in options as Neil stated. You can also simply run the installer for the version you want to revert to (should be in your \\LaunchBox\Updates\ folder) on top of your current install and be able to revert to your previous version without any data loss.

The tool no longer reacts to me clicking the start-up button - this happened after I cancelled the installation that happened automatically out of nowhere when trying to restart the tool.

So I cannot even get into the menu.

Edited by mr_nygren

6 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Ah, thanks - installing one of the versions solved it.

All the games were intact thank god.

Edited by mr_nygren
  • Game On 1

10 minutes ago, mr_nygren said:

Ah, thanks - installing one of the versions solved it.

All the games were intact thank god.

Glad to hear, I would suggest now going into your settings and unchecking all 3 boxes as well as deleting any installations NEWER than the one you just installed or LaunchBox will attempt to update itself on startup with the newest installer.