LaunchBox Community Forums

Max number of player per game is not shown

Chro

Hello Guys,

i have a problem with max players shown to each game.

I'm using the colorful theme right now and realised that on each game the player Icon is empty.

switching over to launchbox looking up the meta data to each game i realised there is only shown if a game is single or multiplayer but not how many people are able to play this.

How can i fix this.

For same Games i have seen the age meta data is missing aswell.

scrapping all meta data for all games has not worked for me.

It is a limitation of the LB DB and what LB application synchronize.  You can assign the number of players manually and will show in your theme. But if you update from the LB DB and the number of players is more than 1 in the DB it will just indicate multiplayer in locally in LB.  So no fix other than manual and then making sure not to update from DB for that field (it will over write it back to single/multiplayer).

On the age issue, I assume you are talking about the rating such as Everyone, Teen, etc.  Those import fine locally to LB so you should see whatever is in the LB DB if you update the game (assuming you tell LB to over write the metadata). 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:37 PM, Chro said:

it does not work. i don't know why. I tried different things. deleted Multiplayer and wrote.

1-4

1/4

1-2; Multiplayer;

Nothing seems to work.

Looking at the theme's code it is reading the "Play Mode" field and there are some conversions going on. It is converting the common items in the drop-down list from the edit screen into the numeric values. For example: converting "Multiplayer" into "2+", or "2-Player Alternating" into "2". In testing it looks like it cannot or simply is not converting a user created value into a readable text. This may be due to the coding.

I did add a line to the code to have it convert "Test" into a value of "9" and set a game's play mode to "Test" and the theme showed the "9" value. So it may be a case of the theme's code will not convert user created values unless those values are specified in the code. It's easy enough to edit this on your end and add your custom values to have it populate.

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 2.47.26 PM.png