LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with spacing

viper3two

Hi

I have an issue with spacing of the platforms, it should look like this:

shouldlook.thumb.png.b5c73c2a6984250f53e83ec43d5f9a4e.png

But instead looks like this, there is a gap between the left column and the image. The image box needs to be all the way against the left column.

Is there an .xml or something that has this setting that I can check? I am thinking percentage of page is what is needed. The theme is Retro Console v2. Thank you. 

spacing.thumb.png.f66e09ed43cfa8b64f3618c3459f267d.png

6 minutes ago, viper3two said:

I do have 4x3. I could change to 16:9 and see what happens. Thanks much. 

4 minutes ago, viper3two said:

That did the trick. I'll run at 16:9. Thanks for the help. 

Instead of changing your screen ratio you could also try and see if changing the theme ratio works, this might work depending on how the theme was made. If not you have a workaround.

ThemeFolder\ThemeSettings.xml

Change:
        <Force16X9AspectRatio>False</Force16X9AspectRatio>
        <Force4X3AspectRatio>True</Force4X3AspectRatio>

9 hours ago, wallmachine said:

Instead of changing your screen ratio you could also try and see if changing the theme ratio works, this might work depending on how the theme was made. If not you have a workaround.

ThemeFolder\ThemeSettings.xml

Change:
        <Force16X9AspectRatio>False</Force16X9AspectRatio>
        <Force4X3AspectRatio>True</Force4X3AspectRatio>

Gave that a shot and it didn't work :(. Wish it did, such a beautiful theme! At least I can run at a 16:9 monitor resolution for a workaround, thanks for this information. It looks a bit fuzzy as it's not native, but it works. Eventually I guess I will get a true 16:9 monitor for the cabinet I am building, I want to keep this theme! Thanks again!

7 hours ago, y2guru said:

@cemfundog can set the Aspect Ratio to 16:9 in the Theme Creator and re-publish, no adjustments to the views would be necessary as he designed it in 16:9

That would be cool if he could make a 4:3 version! Rest of it looks really good except the platforms and games page. I just downloaded all the stuff for the v3 final version not realizing this is 16:9! It's a really great theme! Thank you y2guru for the information.

Edited by viper3two

1 hour ago, viper3two said:

That would be cool if he could make a 4:3 version! Rest of it looks really good except the platforms and games page. I just downloaded all the stuff for the v3 final version not realizing this is 16:9! It's a really great theme! Thank you y2guru for the information.

i agree, but for him that would be quite a bit of work due to the highly custom nature of the Theme