LaunchBox Community Forums

Vertical Aspirations - A vertically oriented cabinet theme (Animated Marquee Mod Added)

Is this a 4x3 screen? Yeah, I just confirmed the 4x3 version looks like its broken. Something major must have changed in the last couple years since I made that one. I guess I'm going to have to update it. The 16x9 works but that's not going to help you right now I'm afraid. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow if I have time.

7 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

Is this a 4x3 screen? Yeah, I just confirmed the 4x3 version looks like its broken. Something major must have changed in the last couple years since I made that one. I guess I'm going to have to update it. The 16x9 works but that's not going to help you right now I'm afraid. I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow if I have time.

Ah yes, I was so not thinking about that… It’s hard finding a good vertical 4:3 to use.

I appreciate anything you can do.

Thanks for all your help, time and effort for all of us. 😊

So with the 4x3 theme,because of the ratio, it doesn't have that view. This is about the closest thing to it. I was able to load my old theme files into the theme creator and got it to load in a 4x3 environment, but the wheel is still screwed up which will take a bit of work on my part to get it fixed. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow. It's easy to change the background around the bezel on this if you don't like it.

3x4.thumb.png.0ac2c72e36844ad7836dc12f3ef5f3d7.png

13 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Yeah, you have to unblock it before opening it, otherwise it won't display properly. Keep in mind, the views are a bit different since I had to build it to fit a 4x3 screen.

I’ll be giving it a go here shortly and will update you (and others that find this thread).

Thanks JayArcade

This is what I am able to get so far. Only Games List View: Vertical Wheel 1 works.

I found that my clear logos weren’t download, so I grabbed those.

Seem correct to you?

I’m still trying to see what settings I can do (adding/removing things from screen. (Remove “System Menu” and the time in the upper right.

Thanks

FC9B28E5-F97A-4B62-BAA7-4D4B7E4B1F52.jpeg

Edited by OldSchool80s

After you downloaded it, you right clicked the zip, clicked properties and checked the unblock check box before extracting the folder to your themes? If you don't unblock the files it will look like that when you open it. There are some files, DLLs I believe that the community theme creator put in the theme that need to be unblocked in order for the theme to render properly. Short of that, I'm not sure what is going on.

Edited by JaysArcade
grammar

Hey JaysArcade,

Good news and bad news... After shutting down and coming back to it in the morning, it worked (dunno why)... I love it!

Bad news is that I then added the MarqueeMod, unblocked, installed in VA root folder... and it messed up VA so it doesn't work anymore. (Does the MarqueeMod need to be updated as well?)

Thanks, this VA looks real nice and I know the neighborhood kids will love it.

I didn't actually update the VA 3x4 theme. I just remembered that it needed to be unblocked before unzipping it. I haven't messed with the MOD or this theme in quite a while but it should work.

Do you have a second monitor being used as a marquee screen? That is what this Mod is intended for. If you don't have a second monitor, it won't change anything in the VA 3x4 theme.

1 hour ago, JaysArcade said:

I didn't actually update the VA 3x4 theme. I just remembered that it needed to be unblocked before unzipping it. I haven't messed with the MOD or this theme in quite a while but it should work.

Do you have a second monitor being used as a marquee screen? That is what this Mod is intended for. If you don't have a second monitor, it won't change anything in the VA 3x4 theme.

I'm using the VA 1.3 theme.

Also thought, the MarqueeMod would replace the top of the screen with the marquees.

5C888602-1D4A-423C-BBD9-0D5EE3A7C784.jpeg

Edited by OldSchool80s

Yeah sorry, the mod is for a second monitor marquee. Is was built as a special request by someone. If you can get the regular VA 1.3 to work, you won't need the mod too unless you have a second monitor. Hopefully, 1.3 renders properly on your screen. It wasn't built for 4x3 monitors. For 4x3, you should try the 4x3 specific VA theme.

JaysArcade,

I’m confused by this view then (see attached image). How do I get the (what looks like a marquee) above the game video?

* That upper area where it shows a Mr. Do (marquee as I’m calling it) with the view I am using now, it is just the same clear logo in that location, not a “marquee” (which I think looks super good. :)

Thanks

BE20171A-D58A-4E70-A1B5-F6B328DB093B.jpeg

Edited by OldSchool80s

That is VA 1.3. It was built for 16x9 screens. It will work on your 4x3 screen but everything will be smooshed. The 4x3 specific version has has that vertical wheel, but in order to have the videos and images not be smooshed, I had to remove the marquee.

This is the 4x3 version. This view doesn't have the vertical wheel.

4x3screen.thumb.png.f946f6dd37b3d98151a1a7e9ef749409.png

Below is the 1.3 VA smooshed into a 4x3 screen. If you don't mind that it's smooshed and/or stretched, then use this.

1.3screensmooshed.thumb.png.e4352654ca70ac1a5455545104ce9537.png

Below is the 4x3 screen but no marquee. The video and images are not smooshed or stretched. This would be ideal for you if you had a marquee monitor.

4x3screen2.thumb.png.29e73a1339769b99a237ff4e0280cb51.png

Basically, your options are use the regular 1.3 and have everything smooshed together, or use the 4x3 theme (but not have the vertical wheel and marquee together).

3 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

That is VA 1.3. It was built for 16x9 screens. It will work on your 4x3 screen but everything will be smooshed. The 4x3 specific version has has that vertical wheel, but in order to have the videos and images not be smooshed, I had to remove the marquee.

This is the 4x3 version. This view doesn't have the vertical wheel.

4x3screen.thumb.png.f946f6dd37b3d98151a1a7e9ef749409.png

Below is the 1.3 VA smooshed into a 4x3 screen. If you don't mind that it's smooshed and/or stretched, then use this.

1.3screensmooshed.thumb.png.e4352654ca70ac1a5455545104ce9537.png

Below is the 4x3 screen but no marquee. The video and images are not smooshed or stretched. This would be ideal for you if you had a marquee monitor.

4x3screen2.thumb.png.29e73a1339769b99a237ff4e0280cb51.png

Basically, your options are use the regular 1.3 and have everything smooshed together, or use the 4x3 theme (but not have the vertical wheel and marquee together).

I’m loving 1.3 and the marquees look 100% fine for me… the kids in the neighborhood are going to drool. Thanks so much for making this theme for us vertical people. Wish there was a matching horizontal one for my horizontal machine ;) And thanks for taking the time and effort to help. 

11A18223-1C03-4F67-98AC-C5EA85726A67.jpeg

• Like 1