LaunchBox Community Forums

NetCore problems

Auras4life

Hi. I have been using Launchbox for a real long time, i have never really had an issue with Launchbox/Bigbox up until now. I love this program, i love how i can easily orginize my games and make it look like a great library of amazing community creators and what not. I use it on a daily basis because i think it's so great.
But now that i try to launch Launchbox. (Whenever it's the Launchbox app or Bigbox app) It tells me to install the latest .Net Core from Windows. I use an Windows operating system, and i have checked out a bunch of 3.1 cores, and 5.0 cores. And i just cannot seem to get it to work, i have also tried to uninstal some of the cores by going to the settings, and installing new ones. But none of it works. I would love any kind of help i can get. Thank you all, and have a fantastic day. 

.Net Core issues.jpg

Looks like you are on beta. Beta installer should have done this for you (assuming you converted after beta2). Easiest way for most would be to revert to 11.2 using the installer in your Updates folder. Then run LaunchBox and let it detect the most recent beta version and download the installer for it and let it run. Should resolve this issue since the most recent version has the NET Core installer embedded in it. If you don't need the beta features right away can wait until official release as well.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Looks like you are on beta. Beta installer should have done this for you (assuming you converted after beta2). Easiest way for most would be to revert to 11.2 using the installer in your Updates folder. Then run LaunchBox and let it detect the most recent beta version and download the installer for it and let it run. Should resolve this issue since the most recent version has the NET Core installer embedded in it. If you don't need the beta features right away can wait until official release as well.

Oh, thanks for the response man! I appreciate the assistance. Altho now my LB has sorta crashed so now i have to reinstall the program regardless. But i am of course taking all of my files and i will place it to my own LB once it's all done. Yeah, i was on beta actually. I may actually revert back and be an ordinary user and not a beta. Much appreciation! 

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with version 11.3 and 11.4. I updated to 11.3, and had to install .NET Core 3.1. I tried everything said in this thread to no avail, and I also reinstalled the x64 version, x86 version, and hosting version of .NET core. I also reinstalled LaunchBox 4 to 5 times on different hard drives, and every time I try to open the program, I get the same exact pop-up "To run this application, you must install .NET Core. Would you like to download it now?" I can't open LaunchBox in any way, shape, or form. This is quite infuriating, and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/3.1

select the .NET Core 3.1 Desktop Runtime (v3.1.0) from the right.  SELECT your system architecture X86 or X64. on the next page download and install.

This is what launchbox is looking for. I am not sure if you click yes to download it takes you to 3.1.9 which is not what its saying you need. 

I download and tried to install all the x64 variants there until I got one that let it run this was it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, launchboxhelpp said:

hey i'm having a lot of trouble with this do you think you can help me? I'm on a Microsoft surface pro 5/2017 windows 10 and everything is update. I've even run command prompt as an adminstration. Launchbox just seems to refuse to open

Please do not post your issue in multiple threads. Since you started a thread for your issue continue to use that thread to troubleshoot.