LaunchBox Community Forums

Error importing some PlayStation games

KingPizza

All of my PlayStation games are in .cue/.bin form. When I try to import just the .cue files in Launchbox (using ".cue" in the search bar), random games will throw an error, saying "game doesn't exist, make sure the file is in the right location". It doesn't do that for all the games, and it doesn't do that for any other platform. I'm currently importing Wii games the same exact way from the same HDD and it gave no errors.

Once my Wii import is finished I can give more info on the issue I'm having, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has had the same issue.

Edit: I've also confirmed the games that throw errors and refuse to import do actually work and play fine using Retroarch directly.

Edited by KingPizza

3 minutes ago, KingPizza said:

All of my PlayStation games are in .cue/.bin form. When I try to import just the .cue files in Launchbox (using ".cue" in the search bar), random games will throw an error, saying "game doesn't exist, make sure the file is in the right location". It doesn't do that for all the games, and it doesn't do that for any other platform. I'm currently importing Wii games the same exact way from the same HDD and it gave no errors.

Once my Wii import is finished I can give more info on the issue I'm having, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has had the same issue.

Edit: I've also confirmed the games that throw errors and refuse to import do actually work and play fine using Retroarch directly.

Your not telling Launchbox to copy/move the files in the import wizard are you? That will only move the .cue file and leave the .bin in its original location.

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Your not telling Launchbox to copy/move the files in the import wizard are you? That will only move the .cue file and leave the .bin in its original location.

It doesn't even get to that step. The issue occurs when I'm trying to tell it which games to look for. I input *".cue" in the search bar, press CTRL-A, and then press OK. It'll then give me the error for a random game.

Edit: the game that gives the error isn't random, per say. It's always the same offenders. If I delete the game from my library the error for that game goes away. The issue is the error message I get doesn't list the entire name of the game, so it's hard to find which game it's having issues with, and some of the games it's refusing to import I really want.

Edited by KingPizza

1 minute ago, KingPizza said:

It doesn't even get to that step. The issue occurs when I'm trying to tell it which games to look for. I input *".cue" in the search bar, press CTRL-A, and then press OK. It'll then give me the error for a random game.

Edit: the game that gives the error isn't random, per say. It's always the same offenders. If I delete the game from my library the error for that game goes away.

Hmm, i have never tried it that way, so am not sure if that is a valid way to import them. I just do the *.cue in the explorer folder of my roms, highlite all the results and drag and drop them onto Launchbox to start the import wizard. Can you try that and see if it works OK?

Just now, neil9000 said:

Hmm, i have never tried it that way, so am not sure if that is a valid way to import them. I just do the *.cue in the explorer folder of my roms, highlite all the results and drag and drop them onto Launchbox to start the import wizard. Can you try that and see if it works OK?

Yes, I will try it that way as soon as it's done importing my Wii games. Might be a while.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Ok, I went ahead and did as you suggested and it's at least in the process of importing now. Once it finishes I'll update with any errors that appear.

To be clear, the issue I was running in to occured when I chose to import ROMs using the option located within Launchbox, under "tools -> import ROMs. So I would hope it's a valid way to import ROMs...

Edited by KingPizza

I tried dragging and dropping the .cue files from Windows itself and while it doesn't give me any errors, it only imports 345 of the 1400 games I drag to it. Again, it's seemingly randomly not importing certain games. If I search for a game I mass dragged to Launchbox that it didn't import and import it separately, it imports fine.

To be clear, all my PS1 games are working fine, and can be individually imported to Launchbox just fine, but when I try to import them all at once, whether dragging and dropping from Windows or using the built in import feature, it just doesn't import 70% of them. 

I bit the bullet and just deleted the games it was refusing to import, which was roughly 15 that I didn't really need anyways, and now it's importing all of them fine. I'm still not sure why those particular games weren't working, and my issue hasn't technically been solved, although I've worked around it for now.

29 minutes ago, KingPizza said:

I bit the bullet and just deleted the games it was refusing to import, which was roughly 15 that I didn't really need anyways, and now it's importing all of them fine. I'm still not sure why those particular games weren't working, and my issue hasn't technically been solved, although I've worked around it for now.

There isnt a reason why Launchbox would choose to not import certain games. It is completely file agnostic and will import any file type you give it. It also doesn't care if they work or not in the emulator, it just adds what you tell it to,  so for it to error on some like that is very strange indeed.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

There isnt a reason why Launchbox would choose to not import certain games. It is completely file agnostic and will import any file type you give it. It also doesn't care if they work or not in the emulator, it just adds what you tell it to,  so for it to error on some like that is very strange indeed.

That's not really true..If drag a 20 game pack sometime games will not always get imported..It can skip game 3....