LaunchBox Community Forums

How to Disable the "Use Emulator" for multiple games

dudechester

How can you choose to turn off "Use Emulator" for multiple files in Launchbox?

Normally I would want to choose, emulator and then select the relative platform, however in the case where I have LINKS which have for some reason changed to "Use Emulator", there is no drop down option when changing multiple files, to disable "Use Emulator" which then prevents the links from launching. The only way I can see to disable "Use Emulator" is to go through hundreds of files manually changing them all 1 by 1 which I don't have time to do?

Thankyou anyone who can help. :)

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

What files do you not want to use a emulator with? And if you dont need a emulator for them, dont import them as roms.

They were not imported as roms, they have worked as PDF links & PC game shortcuts, but having moved a few things around, some of them had "Use Emulator" activated. Clearly wasn't supposed to happen, but it did, and now it should be just a simple task of selecting all of these shortcut links, choosing "Emulator" field as the one to change, and choosing "Disable / Don't Use Emulators", but there is not an option to do this.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem but I can not solve it ... in the mass edition of the emulator field all the emulators that I have configured appear but I do not see any empty field at the beginning or at the end to be able to mark ... In mass edition I put in Field: Emulator and if I give the following it tells me to select one, but in the drop-down Value: I get all the emulators but none are blank

Edited by retroseriestv

I think i recall bringing this up with @C-Beats in private, and he did say that it was a omission since the forms were changed. I'm not sure if its been implemented into the forthcoming beta or not, as its been six or seven weeks since the previous official release at this point, and i dont have inside knowledge as what is added until everybody else, so hopefully @C-Beats can confirm for us?

Just now, retroseriestv said:

Ok, so I hope you answer? and let's see if in the next version I could put that field blank ... it would be very good because I have more than 300 games that I would have to do it by hand one by one

Yes, it did always work, but that form was changed to a new format and that was missed out by mistake.

4 hours ago, retroseriestv said:

If it's important to you, just edit the xml and look for the emulator details and delete info between <Emulator>5ddb7a93-ff7c-4f45-a986-082900a63a95</Emulator>

If you want them all deleted so no emulator is used, then just to a bulk edit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...