LaunchBox Community Forums

with bigbox and emumovies subs, what assets will be downloaded for mame and console?

CitznFish

I am trying to figure out if I need to go find marquee, bezel, etc assets for mame and my consoles or if those assets are retrieved automatically if you have BB and Emu subscriptions. 

Where can I find this information? what exactly is downloaded through the software and what do I need to source on my own?

Edited by CitznFish

15 minutes ago, CitznFish said:

I am trying to figure out if I need to go find marquee, bezel, etc assets for mame and my consoles or if those assets are retrieved automatically if you have BB and Emu subscriptions. 

Where can I find this information? what exactly is downloaded through the software and what do I need to source on my own?

When you search for media LB will show you a list for the LB Games DB and Emumovies of what all images and videos types are scraped for. Now whether or not the game you are scraping actually has images for it in all the possible categories is not known until you search. But the list you see is what assets can be retrieved. Marquees are an option found both in LB Games DB and Emumovies. Bezels is not one that is pulled in either so you would need to source those.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:16 AM, Retro808 said:

When you search for media LB will show you a list for the LB Games DB and Emumovies of what all images and videos types are scraped for. Now whether or not the game you are scraping actually has images for it in all the possible categories is not known until you search. But the list you see is what assets can be retrieved. Marquees are an option found both in LB Games DB and Emumovies. Bezels is not one that is pulled in either so you would need to source those.

This was helpful, thank you. 

On 8/17/2020 at 7:33 AM, neil9000 said:

Launchbox. (Videos only with Premium)

image.thumb.png.3801e7fb0be8aa9f858b141818ce1c4a.pngEmumovies (Music, Manuals, and Videos require a Premium Emumovies account).

image.thumb.png.980d9309cdf1d9ecf7e8e080d161419e.png

Thanks for this. I am going to get premium from both places. Currently waiting on the DL link for LB..seems the website isn't emailing it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, redboyke said:

is it possible to download assets per system? when i try to download metadata and media the progressbar just feezes

when clicking cancel that also feezes and only thing left to do is close launchbox

Highlite the games in a system and then use the option in tools.