LaunchBox Community Forums

Comic Box 50k

lou silver

As a kid I never really got into comic books, maybe read a few at a friends house here and there,

consider this my introduction to the vast world of comic books and low quality video editing (my first work)

It's a bit long but I hope you find it entertaining. 

Project size: 2tb

avengers.thumb.png.6c0e108da01cee70e19e6ebe404d674e.png

241435739_sagavertical.thumb.png.1b00b5a0c0a2f3c1b9b0284f7796c101.png

Edited by lou silver
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:30 AM, ArturoGurrola said:

Very cool.

Download link? :P

Ummm Yeah, 2tb not gonna happen, however you could easily build your own using my list (I compiled mine from top 100 best comics postings mostly)

Can't tell you where to get the actual comics but do a few google searches and you'll figure it out.

CDisplay Ex  for emulator,

and Comic Utility Belt for box fronts

special thanks to DOS76 check out his amazing set HERE

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I imported 16,000+ comics in LB, but I put the major characters "Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four... ect" into platform categories and the various series into playlists all under a category of comics. This way I can filter BigBox by categories and comics comes up once and doesn't compete with other arcade categories.

Curious though, do you have any intro videos for the major titles? My BigBox theme just has blank videos when I scroll by.

Also, I saw you had some wheel art for some titles is that something you could share? (I've already extracted all the covers)

Final question, do you know any good BigBox themes for displaying and quickly sorting through hundreds of titles while displaying the covers?

On 12/28/2020 at 11:33 PM, lou silver said:

Ummm Yeah, 2tb not gonna happen, however you could easily build your own using my list (I compiled mine from top 100 best comics postings mostly)

Can't tell you where to get the actual comics but do a few google searches and you'll figure it out.

CDisplay Ex  for emulator,

and Comic Utility Belt for box fronts

special thanks to DOS76 check out his amazing set HERE

Tanks man, this is way easier than I thought. The tips for the emulator and Comic Utility Belt were especially helpful!