LaunchBox Community Forums

Marvel Comics A-Z in LaunchBox

DOS76

Just thought I'd play around with LaunchBox and use it in a way that is wasn't intended. This took me over a month and a half of work tidying up my collection, creating covers with Comic Utility Belt and finally importing everything into Launchbox (as I added more and more platforms LaunchBox started taking more time to import them) In total its 38,663 comics in 3,572 platforms. The video is not what I wanted it to be as I envisioned it with captions that explained things but that just wasn't in my skill set so you got this shitty video instead.

The platform category Cross-Over Events is made of all playlist and the reading orders were obtained from a website Comic Book Reading Order

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I do want to say as I haven't been keeping this updated with the new comics each week. Navigating through it and reading comics is fast but needing to add or edit anything is way to slow at this point. It can take upwards of 10 minutes for LB to add just one new comic so I've sort of given up on it.

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2018 at 10:49 AM, DOS76 said:

Just thought I'd play around with LaunchBox and use it in a way that is wasn't intended. This took me over a month and a half of work tidying up my collection, creating covers with Comic Utility Belt and finally importing everything into Launchbox (as I added more and more platforms LaunchBox started taking more time to import them) In total its 38,663 comics in 3,572 platforms. The video is not what I wanted it to be as I envisioned it with captions that explained things but that just wasn't in my skill set so you got this shitty video instead.

The platform category Cross-Over Events is made of all playlist and the reading orders were obtained from a website Comic Book Reading Order

How do i do this.

Not going to happen I don't even recommend doing this really it was a cool project and all but LB isn't really built for it. After adding all of those comics it really struggled to edit or add anything else and since new comics come out every week that made it unsustainable. I would suggest checking out YAC reader they have a pretty nice library app. Don't get me wrong if LB was slightly redesigned to be able to process a large large platform xml and it was tweaked to be able to use you ComicVine API to pull down meta it would basically be the perfect comic book reader app

image.thumb.png.b089d1b55c9d9a8b04555e51f2263267.pngThat is an image of YAC Library which isn't quite as attractive as LB but is pretty nice

1 hour ago, A Retro guy said:

UM........ Their is two versions of YAC to download for windows. Which one should i download.

Download the version for your pc specs. You are either on a 32bit or 64bit operating system. If you do not know which one you are on Google can tell you how find out. Most of these simple questions you ask can be found in a few minutes using a search engine.