LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Images not displaying

HELLSW1ND

Hi all,

I have searched but cannot find a solution so hopefully I am not duplicating.

For some reason not all images are showing on Launchbox or big box: what makes this strange is that I am downloading the files and they are previewed there but when it comes to adding them they don't appear at all.

I do EDIT-IMAGES-DOWNLOAD IMAGES-CHECK ALL-DOWNLOAD-OK...that works for some but not all? The confusing bit is that there isn't a consistency so that's why I am baffled? The games work fine.

Grateful for some guidance as it appears to be a simple fix...

22 minutes ago, HELLSW1ND said:

Hi all,

I have searched but cannot find a solution so hopefully I am not duplicating.

For some reason not all images are showing on Launchbox or big box: what makes this strange is that I am downloading the files and they are previewed there but when it comes to adding them they don't appear at all.

I do EDIT-IMAGES-DOWNLOAD IMAGES-CHECK ALL-DOWNLOAD-OK...that works for some but not all? The confusing bit is that there isn't a consistency so that's why I am baffled? The games work fine.

Grateful for some guidance as it appears to be a simple fix...

Try refreshing the image cache. In LB under Tools there is an option to refresh all images. In BigBox in the Images settings you will see a similar option.

5 hours ago, HELLSW1ND said:

Hello,

Unfortunately that did not work, problem still persists...

Can you post a pic of where you are not seeing the images. Also for one of the games that is not showing specific images can you share a pic of the image it should be showing inside the \Launchbox\Images folder?

If it downloaded the images and you see them in the correct folder a refresh of the cache should have worked. So it would be nice to see you set-up.

The best way to share images is just add them in the post. At the bottom of the text field is the area to add images (see first pic below).

The issue is you have your platform view set to display 3D Boxes. This image in your second pic is a normal Box - Front Image. You would need to edit your image priorities to allow Box Image to show up in the absence of a 3D Box image.

>Tools>Options - Media - 3D Box in this section you can choose all the image types you want as fallback when a 3D Box image is not there. You can move them up or down to place them in order of priority.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 8.02.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 8.05.41 AM.png

Well using the "X" definitely is not going to work. It will simply for the changes. Hitting "OK" is needed. Not sure why when you hit ok that it does not work. Try making the selection to just add Box-Front and the use the "move selected up" option to move it right under the 3D Box listing and then hit OK and see what happens.

Right, it is not letting me change any of the image settings. I can't move it up and it appears locked? If I click on 'move selected up' nothing happens at all. It then reverts back to the current settings once I return to the settings after clicking ok.

So-options locked, settings do not change at all.

This was a pre-build so there may be something locked?

9 minutes ago, HELLSW1ND said:

It's the Wolfanoz 3TB set-but I paid for Big Box etc to get the full experience.

Its not our place to support a build. I appreciate the fact that you payed for a license, thats great, and of course we are glad you did and we will welcome you to the community. The issue here is trying to troubleshoot something you yourself didnt put together, and neither did we. We have no idea what other programs/scripts/batch files were used in the image. This makes troubleshooting virtually impossible. It's like a Linux user trying to troubleshoot Windows, they do mostly the same thing, but the actual files/programs on them are very different.

Have you reached out to the image creator at all? That would be your best route.

18 minutes ago, HELLSW1ND said:

It's the Wolfanoz 3TB set-but I paid for Big Box etc to get the full experience.

OK. Yeah one thing we rarely do is troubleshoot prebuilds. We have no way of knowing what the builder did and if you did not build it yourself any direction we can take you will likely lead to dead ends since you do not know what they did as well.

I am taking a shot in the dark here, can you post pics of the inside of the following folders? I think I might know what is up. Maybe.....

1: \Launchbox\Data

2:\Launchbox\Data\Platforms

If it is not what I think it is your than we really cannot do much more.