LaunchBox Community Forums

pause screen in teknoparrot

sirgubster9

Not sure about anything being in the works as Pause is in place. It has been advised it may not function well with some emulators and games. So far I have not had any problems with Pause working with my TeknoParrot games. A few games I get the odd aspect ratio image, but it still functions.

Are you running the games directly in TeknoParrot or using any of the loaders sometimes associated?

I am using the teknoparrot loader like the name one with the parrot on there. Basically I watched your guys video and copied that exactly. I am using it with Virtua tennis 4. I haven't tested it with any other games and I am using it with the game setup in exclusive full screen if that changes things. 

17 minutes ago, sirgubster9 said:

I am using the teknoparrot loader like the name one with the parrot on there. Basically I watched your guys video and copied that exactly. 

LB tutorial video on Teknoparrot? I do not recall seeing LB did a video on Tekno. 

17 minutes ago, sirgubster9 said:

I am using it with Virtua tennis 4. I haven't tested it with any other games and I am using it with the game setup in exclusive full screen if that changes things. 

Exclusive fullscreen might be the issue. I tested VT4 and Pause works. However, I have not altered any video settings other than to uncheck "General - Windowed" option in the Game Settings for VT4 in TeknoParrot UI. This runs the game in fullscreen, but it is considered borderless fullscreen. Not Exclusive Fullscreen.

so it was a tutorial video, but not by you guys.  i guess it was some sucra guy or something.... sadly I made it windowed and i still cant pause.  delete button (my pause button) works on every other game and emulator but teknoparrot.  I did some googling around and Im somehow alone on this, so maybe its just my weird setup, who knows.  

you are not alone I can't get the pause screen to work either using teknoparrot. Also, for some strange reason some game refuse to launch from LB, resulting in showing the tecknoparrot menu and not loading. Thats a different issues though.

I recall someone saying you can't use special buttons for pause in teknoparrot, but I can't recall the reason why.

Edited by Krakatoa

4 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

you are not alone I can't get the pause screen to work either using teknoparrot. Also, for some strange reason some game refuse to launch from LB, resulting in showing the tecknoparrot menu and not loading. Thats a different issues though.

I recall someone saying you can't use special buttons for pause in teknoparrot, but I can't recall the reason why.

Oh happy to hear it's not just me. And ya I switched my pause key to q from delete. And sadly that did not fix my issue. 

Does seem pretty odd. Right now I have 49 games running through TeknoParrot and all games work with Pause option. About 5 of them give me the odd aspect ratio issue where the Pause Screen will be shrunk into the upper left corner. Outside of that all others stay fullscreen. I use "P" in LB for Pause and a two-button combo when in BigBox on the arcade control panel.

I have gotten rid of all my old dumps of TP games this past month and downloaded newer ones along with keeping TeknoParrot updated. I did find a lot of the dumps I had were outdated. So not sure if that may be the difference.

Lets see if we can figure it out. I'll do my testing on VT 4.

My Info

Windows 10 2004

Technoparrot UI 1.0.0.45

VT 4 Checksum

File: VT4_RING_r.exe
  CRC-32: fede1e27
   SHA-1: 677b1b0612d139428003404ac372483e5fff6665
 SHA-256: 22e901d31daeda8f13923e7d771e9a727d957eb52d2ffd43aac183e1a707cd54
 SHA-512: c703bdeb6cf42fdf14cdf2ded94fbfaaee567f2f70afe25e9baf978221a1da0193402a9000e8ebc5b01ad1955dbffab93980afd211fc6ed255787fa69767b03f

Launchbox Info (emulator set up)

Launchbox is pointed to the userprofile XML file for each game.

TeknoParrotUi.exe running as admin (maybe this is why?)

VT4 normal

Emulators\TeknoParrot\GameProfiles\VT4.xml

image.thumb.png.39330efb26d6059672fbcb500debeba0.pngimage.thumb.png.095767ed006c5a621f78fbe62f1b4080.png

How do you know if you have the latest dump? Is it like MAME where they release rom sets?

Edited by Krakatoa

51 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

OK, when I run teknoparrot as a regular user I am able to access the pause menu. So that must be the issue :) DONT RUN IT AS ADMIN.

Now onto why some games fail to launch on LB and only open the tecknoparrot gui....but that's a different issue/thread

Ah. I stopped using admin in TP a long time ago.

What games do you have failing to load?

Oh wow I am using it in admin still for some reason that was a must back in the day and I never changed it. I'll try that out. By the way, I noticed you didn't stop emulation progress when you pause. That means the pause screen comes up but it doesn't actually pause the game right? I'm hoping mine actually pauses the game as well. 

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Ah. I stopped using admin in TP a long time ago.

What games do you have failing to load?

Totally random games, I can't figure out the pattern (one in particular is Dirty Drivin). They boot fine if I run them from the command line, but if I try and launch them through LB they fail to launch and it brings up the TP menu screen, It like its not sending the whole command. which I know is incorrect as it works for others with the same command.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

That one works fine for me. How do you have it set up in Launchbox? What command line are you using in Launchbox?

In LB I have the game pointing to the GameProfiles in the TP.

image.thumb.png.c051d0b235c52d9bac3725d168b6d4cb.png

and the emulation settings like this.

image.thumb.png.b5a2d79bf003000c08b059c7e9be6eef.png

and finally the Emulator settings

image.thumb.png.76a1061a91e2a72d0b0383451b17a18c.png

As I mentioned I can launch it from the command prompt without issues. Sometimes I can make the games launch by creating a batch file, or a windows shortcut and point LB to that, but its PITA and I prefer to figure it out so I can have it standard for all TP games.

TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=dirtydrivin.xml <- works from the CMD.

Could it be the full "full\path\to\rom\file"?

Edited by Krakatoa