LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to import from Epic Games

Dragonsys

When I try to import from Epic Games I just get a blank window after logging in. I have had this issue with every version I have tried, even the current 11.4 version.

I have been trying to search, but I have not been able to find anything about this or anyone else having the same issue.

Capture.PNG

Has anyone else had this issue? I use my Playstation account to log into Epic, it prompts me for my PS creds and then forwards me to this blank page. I am able to log into the Epic Games App, and my GOG Galaxy client is able to authenticate to Epic and get my games list. I am only having issues with LaunchBox.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909) BTW.

46 minutes ago, Haisaki said:

The PSN login is bugged in Launchbox. I had it, I recommend you to log in to your epic games account in a browser and read the linked email to it, then log in using the email and password, NOT PSN.

I have tried, this doesn't work. I have opened many tickets with Epic about this, and they can never seem to figure it out. I have also tried to unlink from my PSN account and just use my email, but Epic's system will never actually send me an email with the password reset. So I am pretty much stuck.

3 minutes ago, Haisaki said:

Are you sure? Yesterday I changed my Epic password because I never used it to log in (I alwas used my PSN account) and it let me in using the associated email and pass.

Yep, been trying to do it for the last couple of years. I have had around 30 tickets to Epic Support about it, and they never do anything.

I will try it again.

Well, thats strange. I had the gray screen that you attached, but after that I login with the first screen that appears (the white one where you can put email and pass or use psn xbox etc.) and with that it worked for me.

What happens when you put your email and password? Does the gray screen appears or it just say you cant login?

On 9/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, Haisaki said:

Well, thats strange. I had the gray screen that you attached, but after that I login with the first screen that appears (the white one where you can put email and pass or use psn xbox etc.) and with that it worked for me.

What happens when you put your email and password? Does the gray screen appears or it just say you cant login?

I get the White screen and login, then the grey screen appears after that. Once the grey screen is there, nothing else happens. I tried just closing it, but then Launchbox is unable to find any games.

I tried just using my PSN email & password, but I get an invalid user/password error. I still am unable to try and disconnect my PSN account, as I won't be able to log in at all at that point. Maybe if I connect a different system, it might work better?

3 minutes ago, Dragonsys said:

I get the White screen and login, then the grey screen appears after that. Once the grey screen is there, nothing else happens. I tried just closing it, but then Launchbox is unable to find any games.

I tried just using my PSN email & password, but I get an invalid user/password error. I still am unable to try and disconnect my PSN account, as I won't be able to log in at all at that point. Maybe if I connect a different system, it might work better?

I think the system doesnt matter

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I was connected to Epic. One day I decided to erase all Epic games I had imported and tried to import them again. 
Now I cannot login through Epic (attached image) as I cannot verify de f..ing captcha, nor though PSN, Xbox, Google... It's impossible.

I tried deleting EpicToken node on ..\Launchbox\Data\Settings.xml, just in case. But no effect either.

This is so annoying. Anyone has some clue about this?

image.png

1 hour ago, Metrasher said:

Hi there, I was connected to Epic. One day I decided to erase all Epic games I had imported and tried to import them again. 
Now I cannot login through Epic (attached image) as I cannot verify de f..ing captcha, nor though PSN, Xbox, Google... It's impossible.

I tried deleting EpicToken node on ..\Launchbox\Data\Settings.xml, just in case. But no effect either.

This is so annoying. Anyone has some clue about this?

image.png

The captcha is something Epic themselves do, it's nothing to do with us so cant be skipped i'm afraid. What do you mean you can't verify? It's a very simple captcha, just click the image that adds up to the number they are asking for, you need to do this six times in a row with no incorrect answers if i recal.

Sorry, I was lazy on my description. I have to enter 10 of 10 of those, what is quite annoying. If I get to enter 10 of 10 surviving that patience breaking captcha, I end like the image attached, and nothing changes. If I click once again on Sign in, the captcha thing starts over again.

Something has to be wrong here I guess, but I cannot see what's the problem if it's working for others at this moment (which I can't know except from you, people).
 Thanks for your help.

image.png

EDIT:
I didn't try for a second time. I tried now and I get a different thing, but it doesn't refresh or do anything afterwards. It just stays like that:
image.thumb.png.e28c87abd2e8249316ea4efc4c89a39d.png

Edited by Metrasher

That captcha was pretty troublesome when testing the implement as well. Unfortunately that is all coming from Epic and we have no way of bypassing it. I recently had to change my password and login the actual Epic Game Library app again and had the same annoying things in their own app.

well you shouldn't be able to do that, from what i see launchbox uses a built in chromium browser which for security reasons is stupid, although I very much would like to import my epic games, I am actually glad google blocked it. Google has has great api's to implement these futures, or even just use your os default browser.

Just after entering email adress on Google login page:
image.png

Not possible either. That's why I say there's has to be something cached or something that needs to be cleared to start over login to Epic.
It's a pain.

EDIT:  XBox login:
image.thumb.png.75438a3879d39c14e029f7476a8c218e.png

Edited by Metrasher