LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to import from Epic Games

Dragonsys

We have code that clears cookie's related to Origin for this purpose. Epic at the time of integration didn't save cookies in any meaningful way that this was a problem when we first implemented it. I would assume some of the code on their servers have changed a bit and is causing the issues. I will look into adding an option to force login during import, or add something in options like we do with Origin. I'll see if I can get a work around figured out for you in the meantime.

• Like 2

Same issue here. I solve the unnecessarily annoying capcha successfully (blue checkmark at the end), but it just returns to login saying you must solve capcha. Tried multiple times. Does this mean Epic login is completely broken for the time being until a fix is found? I am logged into epic on chrome and the local epic client, but launchbox still wants me to login manually. Thankfully, every other service I use logs in beautifully. Epic just wants to torture us for no known reason. ;)

Epic has recently changed something. Now I can sign in.
First page is like this:
image.thumb.png.b7bd2b8cb9f1f1f29c78d18f2bd81353.png

After that you are prompted to select which authentication type you are going to use.

I entered Epic Games user and pass, BUUUUUUUT, next step, and final is that you're logged in and your Epic profile site is displayed on the same window Launchbox opened to log in on EPIC.
There's nothing there except what's on the Epic Games website:
image.thumb.png.10a0637979f07572f50cc304a5987068.png

If I close that window, Launchbox doesn't know I logged in, it doesn't retrieve what it needs to look for games, so no game is found. 

Result is still the same.

I try to update to beta, and get a message that LaunchBox cannot update because the file is in use by another application, such as Dropbox, but my LaunchBox is installed on its own dedicated drive with no backup/restore services, so it should not have any programs accessing it at all. I even disabled malwarebytes and avast just in case, and tried a restart, but nothing works - always the same error. It suggests downloading the latest version from the website to install instead, but I can only download the latest stable release, not the beta. How can I work around this?

image.png

EDIT: Just as an added note, when I try to run the LaunchBox-11.10-beta-6-Setup.exe directly (from the Updates folder), Win10 x64 tells me this app cannot run on this PC.

Edited by Malcifar
Added additional info