LaunchBox Community Forums

renaming my roms to no-intro specs, do I need to download all launchbox assets after rescanning?

CitznFish

So to use the bezel project I am using romcenter to rename all of my roms to the proper no-intro convention.  When I have renamed the ROMS they of course no longer work in launchbox.  If I do tools>scan for added roms it doesn't seem to find them. If I do tool>scan for removed roms it removes everything, including the console. I can only seem to get them back with the new names by doing tools>import>Rom files.  But doing this makes LB re-download all assets again, which is stuff I have already downloaded. 

Is there a simpler way to do this that I am missing?

6 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You shouldn't have to redownload all the assets after re-importing if using the No-Intro naming standard.

Yes, i shouldn't have to, but LB does anyway. I went through this with NES and Colecovision. I am trying to avoid having to re-download all the assets for every other system again. There must be a way to do this other than as I have already outlined. 

4 minutes ago, CitznFish said:

Yes, i shouldn't have to, but LB does anyway.

LB will not download any media unless you tell it to. When you reimported the games with the new rom names did you uncheck the media options? On the LB Database page and Emumovies page there is an “Uncheck All” button. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

LB will not download any media unless you tell it to. When you reimported the games with the new rom names did you uncheck the media options? On the LB Database page and Emumovies page there is an “Uncheck All” button. 

Oh, I was misunderstanding what was happening here. Yup, this works.  TY