LaunchBox Community Forums

No ROMS will launch

norwichred

So, having recently bought a GPD Win Max I have entered the world of PC Windows 10 emulation and paid for a year’s subscription for LaunchBox and BigBox.  So far I have imported GameCube, PSP, and N64 ROMS.

I have two problems.

1) LaunchBox will not import any artwork for my PSP games, whatever I do.  It recognises the games and imports them, no problem, but no artwork.

2) The biggest problem.  No ROMS will load within their respective applications, whatever I do.  It doesn’t matter what platform - I get an error message xxxxxxxx.xx is not a valid Rom / ISO for this operating system.

If I come out of Big Box and launch the emulator seperately then I can load the ROM / ISO no problem.

So what on earth am I doing wrong?  The correct emulator is set in LaunchBox.  Ive tried “launch” and “launch with” and I get the same error regardless.

Since they work directly in the emulator and not in LB sharing some pics would  be helpful. Choose one particular platform and post the following:

>Tools>Manage emulators edit that platforms emulator

1: Pic of the Details tab

2: Pic of the Associated Platforms tab

Right click one of the games for the platform and edit.

1. Pic of the Metadata page

2> Pic of the Launcher page.

3. Pic of the Emulation page.

23 minutes ago, norwichred said:

Sorry about that!  Let's try again :

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Everything looks OK for the most part. One thing that does stick out at me, but im not actually sure if its a issue is your rom path, it seems to have a full stop and a underscore before the rom name, so it's ._Wave Race. Is that actually part of the file name? If so try removing that so its just the game name as it may be interfering.

Also in your first image i see what i guess are your PSP games. They have no images because of the horrendous naming on them. "Virtua Tennis: World Tour" is in your case named ".0160: Virtua Tennis: World Tour" There is no such game as that so our scraper cannot ID the game. Your Need For Speed is even worse, you need to rename your roms to remove all the extra punctuation and numbering.

For Example my roms for PSP and GameCube, notice clean names and with any extra info like regions or revisions inside of brackets.

image.thumb.png.6482843bd0f6dd048902488b1476dd21.pngimage.thumb.png.7f2d4e3d18471b84a089504ec9714065.png

Hi and thanks for your response. 

I suspected that was the issue too so I renamed all the ROMS removing all extraneous parts of the name.  However, when I rescan the directory, LaunchBox put those numbers and extra info back in again.  I tried rescanning and I also tried deleting the whole category using tools and putting it again new, but it still scanned using the old file names and not the renamed ones, if that makes sense?

1 minute ago, norwichred said:

but it still scanned using the old file names and not the renamed ones, if that makes sense?

lol, no, no it doesnt. :) Launchbox imports the files you tell it to, if those are in fact renamed then that is what is imported. Right click the PSP platform and delete it. Then go to your PSP roms folder, click one then CTRL A to highlight them all, then drag and drop onto Launchbox to start the wizard, finish that out as normal.