LaunchBox Community Forums

Suggested Feature Multi Metadata edit

NNEMO

Hello, I just got a serverostick, and I want to CTRL A, and edit multiple Metadata Additional App to run the program for 4way servostick. I dont want to use LEDBlinky, so I go to each game I want to change to 4 way.

Right now, I go to each games, rightclick, Metadata/Additional Apps, I Add Application, I set application path to my AutoHotkey.exe ..\Program Files (x86)\JoyTray\4wayJoystick.exe , I set checkbox to Auto Run Before Main App. I then add another application, ..\Program Files (x86)\JoyTray\4wayJoystick.exe to run After Main Application, this works! Just takes too long.  

My workaround per platform is to make a new emulator filename copied, link it per emulator, Edit Emulator, Running AutoHotkey Script, run, c:\Program Files (x86)\JoyTray\joytray -servo joy4way , BUT I cant do the same script for Exit AutoHotkey Script, run, c:\Program Files (x86)\JoyTray\joytray -servo joy4way because it makes BigBox Exit Hotkey buttons 11+12 not work. So my current solution is to not have a Exit Script.

My suggested multiple Metadata Edit would fix this and make it wayyyyyy easier for me to edit my games in my opinion. Im still working on getting this all setup, and I will tackle mame last. Any suggestions plz give to me.

Bulk edit additional apps has been asked for a few times. There is an open bitbucket ticket for it. The more votes feature requests get to better chance it will get added. Also feature request should be done via the "Request a Feature" link at the top of the forum under "Help & Support".

Please vote on the ticket and adding your comment. Hopefully it can make the next poll (we do not know when the next poll will be yet) and garner enough support to get added.

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3774/bulk-editing-additional-apps

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Bulk edit additional apps has been asked for a few times. There is an open bitbucket ticket for it. The more votes feature requests get to better chance it will get added. Also feature request should be done via the "Request a Feature" link at the top of the forum under "Help & Support".

Please vote on the ticket and adding your comment. Hopefully it can make the next poll (we do not know when the next poll will be yet) and garner enough support to get added.

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/3774/bulk-editing-additional-apps

Thanks for reply, I saw that request feature but I didnt want to make another account to request a feature here. Regardless I will go give support for bulk editing.

That suggestion is from 2018, so its an old suggestion that got swept under the rug.

I made a new suggestion for multi application editor, https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/5620/feature-req-bulk-editing-additional-apps     and I hope I can have your suppost, click the link and give it a upvote. :D

@NNEMO The reason I posted the link and advised you to vote on that one and to add your comments there was to prevent duplicate ticket submissions. It is harder for Jason to gauge the number of users wanting an item if everyone just opens a ticket for the same item.

I changed your bitbucket ticket to a duplicate. Please vote on the original as advised and add your comments there.

46 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@NNEMO The reason I posted the link and advised you to vote on that one and to add your comments there was to prevent duplicate ticket submissions. It is harder for Jason to gauge the number of users wanting an item if everyone just opens a ticket for the same item.

I changed your bitbucket ticket to a duplicate. Please vote on the original as advised and add your comments there.

Ok so If I like and comment on a feature request back from 2018, what is the really the probability of it being considered, or even being noticed?

Just now, NNEMO said:

Ok so If I like and comment on a feature request back from 2018, what is the really the probability of it being considered, or even being noticed?

The age has nothing to do with it. How many users vote for a request is what is needed. The more votes the better chance it gets recognized. Its easier for Jason to see 1 topic with say 30 votes versus have to look at 30 tickets for the same item. Especially when we can filter the site by vote counts.