LaunchBox Community Forums

Best Xbox Classic and Xbox 360 emulators: what do you suggest?

legolas119

• 2 weeks later...

thanks!

I downloaded the latest Cxbx Reloaded version (26 of september) but unfortunately almost all my favourite games are still unplayable. In any case, in order to add in in LB, I suppose that I have to load rom consiering the .xbe files, am I right?

Another question: is it possible to map a joypad with Xenia emulator? I dind't find any options/menu-...

Thank you

3 hours ago, legolas119 said:

Another question: is it possible to map a joypad with Xenia emulator? I dind't find any options/menu-...

I think it just picks up any xinput gamepad by default and works like a charm without any fiddling in the options. At least that's what happens to me when I use my Xbox360 gamepad on that emulator.

Xbox (360) emulation is sadly far from perfect. While both use Xbox controllers by default, for Xenia try opening the "xenia.config.toml" file in the install folder with a text editor. Try changing the line:

[HID]
guide_button = false                                  # Forward guide button presses to guest.
hid = "xinput"                                            # Input system. Use: [any, nop, sdl, winkey, xinput]

from "xinput" to something other.

*Edit*

I just realised I have a "portable.txt"  in my install folder witch makes Xenia's install, well portable. You may have Xenia's config files in your Documents folder.

Edited by Koroth

5 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

thank you.

Unfortunately i'm not able to find a game compatibility list of Xenia...do you know where I can Find it?  I read the currently xenia isn't able to run the most part o games...is it true? 

thanks

https://github.com/xenia-project/game-compatibility/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Astate-playable

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 5:22 AM, Koroth said:

Xbox (360) emulation is sadly far from perfect. While both use Xbox controllers by default, for Xenia try opening the "xenia.config.toml" file in the install folder with a text editor. Try changing the line:

[HID]
guide_button = false                                  # Forward guide button presses to guest.
hid = "xinput"                                            # Input system. Use: [any, nop, sdl, winkey, xinput]

from "xinput" to something other.

*Edit*

I just realised I have a "portable.txt"  in my install folder witch makes Xenia's install, well portable. You may have Xenia's config files in your Documents folder.

I only have these files in my install folder...

Immagine.png

founded!  Currently it is in this way:

[HID]
guide_button = false                                  # Forward guide button presses to guest.
hid = "any"                                           # Input system. Use: [any, nop, sdl, winkey, xinput]

Is it better to change it?