LaunchBox Community Forums

Sound stutters on games

sarge1979

17 minutes ago, sarge1979 said:

I am new to Launchbox and Big build. On games the sound is really jumpy. Is anyone able to help me and what I need to do to fix this.

I am trying to install the latest version of retroarch to see if that works

Usually crackling/bad sound in a emulator is because your PC isnt fast enough to run the emulation correctly. What are your specs?

no not messed with any of the settings no. WII U sounds okay seems to be games on master system, megadrive, mame and a few other systems. I have AMD high definition sound on my PC and Realtek digital output. Changed it to Realteck digital output but no sound comes out as wanted to see if this changed anything. 

The problem is with retroarch mate and also seems to do the same thing with mame emulator. I have tried sonic the hedgehog which the sound stutters on with retroarch and then chose a different emulator called fusion or something like that and it works great

Edited by sarge1979