LaunchBox Community Forums

can't get N64 working with Big Box.....

norwichred

OK, so I'm having issues running my N64 games using Big Box.

First I tried using Project 64, the default emulator but that wouldn't run full screen.

Then I tried running Mupen 64+ and it was perfect for my needs - trouble is, only way to configure it using launchbox was to say it was Mupen 64 - and if I did that, then my games wouldn't load from big box.  It Just returned me to the big box loader.

So I tried Mupen 64 instead just to test and the games loaded fine but I couldn't set up my controller (GPD Win Max) to work with the emulator (it worked fine with Mupen64+).

So my question is - why don't you support Mupen 64+ and do you have any solution for me?

Thanks in advance.

LB supports any emulator imaginable (if it can be launched via command line). If an emulator isn't in the suggested list you can just type in any name in the box. You can go as far as to add files that aren't games into LB and then add a program that isn't an emulator as the emulator and use those files so there should never be any limit as to what you can add as an emulator.

23 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

LB supports any emulator imaginable (if it can be launched via command line). If an emulator isn't in the suggested list you can just type in any name in the box. You can go as far as to add files that aren't games into LB and then add a program that isn't an emulator as the emulator and use those files so there should never be any limit as to what you can add as an emulator.

Thank you

Setting up the emulator manually worked.  Thank you.  Been driving me mad for weeks this one!  :)

Now got PSP, 3DS, Wii U, Playstation 1, and N64 working.

Now to try Dreamcast, 3DO, and then Playstaion 2 before Mame and then the handhelds

Thanks again!