LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist Database

kaichou

Hey, hopefully I'm not suggesting something that already exists. 

Looking at the Games Database as a simple one stop shop to organize and grab media, I think Playlists should be the same way. 

I've created loads of Playlists, and just end up hoping that the wording I used might match something when I use the "Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos" tool. 

It'd be nice if there was a way to standardize Playlists, so that I can select the Playlist, and then grab the clear logos/art/video files I want.  It doesn't even have to auto add games to it, though that'd be awesome, I can do that manually myself.

I imagine with something like this, it could be expanded for theme creators in BigBox to facilitate additional art for their themes.

Thanks!

Edited by kaichou

Yeah, I'm sure there would be like 10 different names just for one simple playlist like mario bros.  Maybe a bunch of people would rather it be called super mario bros., or simply mario,  or mario & luigi, or the mushroom kingdom, or mario & friends, etc., etc.  But still would probably be ok for casual people who would accept the launchbox names.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, we could use a standard list of playlist names. The tricky thing though is that there's just so many options, and everyone wants different things, so it's a lot harder to pull off than platforms.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:29 PM, damageinc86 said:

Yeah, I'm sure there would be like 10 different names just for one simple playlist like mario bros.  Maybe a bunch of people would rather it be called super mario bros., or simply mario,  or mario & luigi, or the mushroom kingdom, or mario & friends, etc., etc.  But still would probably be ok for casual people who would accept the launchbox names.

That is true.  I think we can circumvent some of these concerns.  For instance, naming can be remedied by just have a standard name that is used, then giving an option within a Launchbox Playlist editor to give a preferred name, or custom art.  

Just a thought.  Thank you for your replies.