LaunchBox Community Forums

6 Button Arcade Cabinet and 8Bitdo SF30

djarthur78

Hi,

I have an arcade cab, which has two 6 button controls (with coin and start) each.

I have MAME and Console games, the later which manin use Retroarch

Is it possible to have some consolse setup for BOTH the Arcade controls and the 8Bitdo? (Also which inpout do you use on the 8Bitdo - Xinput or DInput)?

Struggling to get RetroArch going with both.

Thanks

Sure can, I have the same thing with an 8 button per user cabinet and Xbox 360 controllers.

In Retroarch the keyboard and controller support are independent, so it doesn't matter whether you using Dinput or Xinput.

You have to map your keys within Retroarch to a virtual Retropad layout, basically you are assigning your cabinet controls to a D-pad, A, B, X, Y, L1, R1, etc. 

If you remap for a game in Retroarch after, remember it affects your controller and the arcade cabinet buttons. (For example if you want to flip the A and B buttons. If you want more advanced control, you can use custom configs. (But more complicated and not worth getting into unless you need)

To set your arcade keys, start Retroarch -> Settings -> Input -Port 1 Controls -> Set All Controls. 9Any you don't want to set, just wait and it will move on.)

Do the same for Port 2 Controls.

Go back to Retroarch Main Menu -> Configuration -> Save Current Configuration.

Hey thanks for replying.. but I’m still a little lost (sorry)

So i have my arcade all setup using :

Device - RetroPad

Analog to Digital Type - None

Device Index - Disabled

Then i have the buttons set as per my iPAC

A bit stuck on what to do next to enable the gamepad (I’m using Windows 7 too) 

5 hours ago, djarthur78 said:

Then i have the buttons set as per my iPAC

A bit stuck on what to do next to enable the gamepad (I’m using Windows 7 too) 

Start Retroarch and than plug your gamepad in.

Bring up Retroarch menu, go to Settings -> Input -> Port 1 Controls and select Set All Controls.

Do the same as you did for the keyboard but use the gamepad buttons. Once complete, select the Save Controller Profile option in that same menu.

Now that profile should load automatically in Retroarch when connected.

If you want to re-arrange the layout of buttons for a specific core or game, you do that in the Quick Menu of Retroarch (once a game is loaded) under controls. You make the changes you want and than save a remap (in that menu) and it will be loaded automatically depending on whether you to save it as a core remap, directory remap, or a game remap.

Hope that helps.

Just to add here, if you want to use the controllers wirelessly you will have to use them in dinput mode as Windows 7 doesnt support xinput over bluetooth (unless you install some unofficial drivers to force it to do so). If you are using them via USB id set them to xinput for better compatibility across Windows in general, especially actual PC games.