LaunchBox Community Forums

How to setup arcade controls in Launchbox/Bigbox

Elhora

i have a little problem which i'm sure the answer is in front of my eyes...

till now, i was using a Xbox controller with LB/BB/Mame and all was working great. Now i have made an arcade cabinet and replaced the xbox controller with an arcade panel connected to the PC with an IPAC (in keyboard emulation mode).

when i play in Mame, no problem, all the controls are working fine, but in Launchbox/Bigbox, only the direction controls works. I tried to go in the option to set the control mapping but when i try to press a button on my arcade panel, nothing happens like it's not detected.

Any help would be welcome, coz i really dont know how to setup this mess, knowing everything is ok in MAME.

3 minutes ago, Elhora said:

i have a little problem which i'm sure the answer is in front of my eyes...

till now, i was using a Xbox controller with LB/BB/Mame and all was working great. Now i have made an arcade cabinet and replaced the xbox controller with an arcade panel connected to the PC with an IPAC (in keyboard emulation mode).

when i play in Mame, no problem, all the controls are working fine, but in Launchbox/Bigbox, only the direction controls works. I tried to go in the option to set the control mapping but when i try to press a button on my arcade panel, nothing happens like it's not detected.

Any help would be welcome, coz i really dont know how to setup this mess, knowing everything is ok in MAME.

If its emulating a keyboard you need to set it up in Bigbox under keyboard, not controller.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 5:03 PM, Elhora said:

ok, i'm stupid :) why am i trying to configure LB when i need something in BB.......... my brain needs some sleep.

Well, to your defense.  I do the same brain logic.  To OUR defense, many many many time a setup in BB has to be done in LB.  All, playlist, emulator, platform and so on.  So, first reflex is to go and look into LB for it.

Cheers

Edited by patrickfx