LaunchBox Community Forums

Game video not playing

rastaman1201

Hi guys,

My game videos don't play in each game menu screen anymore, it displays the first frame of the video and thats it...?  Ive tried different themes and they all do the same thing.  I have VLC selected as the player.  I tried windows 10 media player but with that one I get a black screen with.  Any tips or ideas?

Thanks

6 hours ago, rastaman1201 said:

Hi guys,

My game videos don't play in each game menu screen anymore, it displays the first frame of the video and thats it...?  Ive tried different themes and they all do the same thing.  I have VLC selected as the player.  I tried windows 10 media player but with that one I get a black screen with.  Any tips or ideas?

Thanks

Is this in LB or BB? I assume BB since you said theme, but LB also has themes so cannot be to sure. If this is in BB do your videos show inside LB?

This is in Big  Box.  where would the videos  be located?  In Launch Box videos folder?  There is nothing in that folder or any other folder in Launch Box.  I downloaded the meta data for all games through LB tools-download meta data and media..do I need to do something more?  My NVIDIA video driver is up to date.  Do I need to update VLC with more codecs?

Thanks for your help.

8 hours ago, rastaman1201 said:

This is in Big  Box.  where would the videos  be located?  In Launch Box videos folder?  There is nothing in that folder or any other folder in Launch Box.  I downloaded the meta data for all games through LB tools-download meta data and media..do I need to do something more?  My NVIDIA video driver is up to date.  Do I need to update VLC with more codecs?

Thanks for your help.

When you open Launchbox and select a game does the video play in the game details window (assuming you have auto play turned on and videos set to display)

You do not need to update VLC it comes with LB already.

All videos are stored in your \LaunchBox\Videos folder.

8 hours ago, rastaman1201 said:

where would the videos  be located?  In Launch Box videos folder?  There is nothing in that folder or any other folder in Launch Box.

If you are saying there are no videos in your \Launchbox\Videos folders than maybe that is why video do not play. You do not have any. Videos come from Emumovies not LB. To download directly in LB you need a paid membership with them.

Hey,

No the game doesn't play in LB when I select a game, I see game details, screen shots and fan art.  I set LB to use VLC like BB and I also ticked "auto play videos" under "View" in LB but nothing.  I tried downloading BB videos in meta data again and that didnt add any videos.  Looks like LB isnt downloading the videos...? Sounds like there is a setting to set videos to play in LB, cant seem to find it.

Thanks for your help.

To automatically download game videos you need a paid subscription to EmuMovies. https://emumovies.com

If you have an EmuMovies subscription they should appear in the EmuMovies tab of the metadata/media download window (If you entered your EmuMovies login credentials in the LaunchBox > Tools > Options > Integrations > EmuMovies menu. Otherwise you can always manually add videos, i.e. by downloading them from youtube or finding other sources.

Edited by Koroth

4 hours ago, rastaman1201 said:

So BB will play game themes just fine, "arcade" has some theme video files in the videos directory, no video files in "trailer" folder for any system.  Looks like I'm having a problem downloading the trailers.  Will those auto download with meta data downloads?

As stated several times already Launchbox does not provide gameplay videos, you may get a handful of theme videos, but thats it. Gameplay videos come from emumovies and if you havent paid for a premium subscription over there then you wont be downloading any game videos from Launchbox.