LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Cabinet Big Font

patrickfx

Arcade Cabinet Big Font

View File

Hello,  

Here my first Big Box Theme release, mainly focusing on Big font, big wheel, big everything.  

Typical use for Arcade Cabinet with CRT television.  But should work on any type or size.

I have 2 types of vertical view for wheel.  One with image and the other with video selection.

Image Vertical view for wheel are for sure more safe for slow CPU.  

In my case I run a Core Duo only and normal video from emumovie are working fine.  

The full theme video at the other hand are barely ok. 

Note To use normal video rather theme video I just rename the folder of theme video to make sure BB don't find it and use normal video.

Thanks to Thimolor, i started my theme base on LV-101

View platform.jpg

View platform2.jpg

menu.jpg

View Wheel.jpg

image.png

Edited by patrickfx
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm using this theme on my 27" Betson Imperial Arcade monitor and I love it. I just wish their was a way to turn off the game descriptions under game detail. It takes up so much room when I think it is not even needed and it causes all the game option the be off the screen. I eve love how you display the control panel on the game detail screen. The options are not even enabled so it must be hard coded in the theme. If your still watching this, any chance you can add an option to remove it Patrick? This is an awesome theme for arcade monitors.  Thanks!

Edited by Topgun_68

8 hours ago, Topgun_68 said:

I'm using this theme on my 27" Betson Imperial Arcade monitor and I love it. I just wish their was a way to turn off the game descriptions under game detail. It takes up so much room when I think it is not even needed and it causes all the game option the be off the screen. I eve love how you display the control panel on the game detail screen. The options are not even enabled so it must be hard coded in the theme. If your still watching this, any chance you can add an option to remove it Patrick? This is an awesome theme for arcade monitors.  Thanks!

Funny is.  I abandon my old CRT cabinet.  I move to lcd  ... oupsss!  Was to hard keeping this crt alive for many reasons.  Little nostagia still ! For your question...would need me to open the code and just remove the description field.  Let me check...

1 hour ago, patrickfx said:

Funny is.  I abandon my old CRT cabinet.  I move to lcd  ... oupsss!  Was to hard keeping this crt alive for many reasons.  Little nostagia still ! For your question...would need me to open the code and just remove the description field.  Let me check...

My CRT is old but I love it. It helps that I am a tech and can repair it though, since they constantly fail due to age  :<)   It would be awesome if you could remove the field as I hate having the menu off the screen for each game chosen. I think some people actually posted code so people can learn to make changes themselves but yours is so awesome I don't need to learn how to do it yet    :<)   THANKS!

Edited by Topgun_68

On 4/23/2024 at 6:53 AM, patrickfx said:

Any chance you can add your buid files to your thread? I am watching videos onhow to use the Big Box Theme builder and it would be awesome to not have to redo all the work yo alredy did when I just want to make a few personnal tweeks   :<)

George

OMG, sad to say that seem that i no more have the source code...!!! If you try to recreate it, at least you know it is possible :) ... My idea was to increase font wise everything.  Cause on CRT like you are probably, nothing is visible like LED.

I get start from an existing theme ... in case it help you

Thimolor, i started my theme base on LV-101

11 hours ago, patrickfx said:

OMG, sad to say that seem that i no more have the source code...!!! If you try to recreate it, at least you know it is possible :) ... My idea was to increase font wise everything.  Cause on CRT like you are probably, nothing is visible like LED.

I get start from an existing theme ... in case it help you

Thimolor, i started my theme base on LV-101

No problem. I actually found out how to just edit the view files directly and it looks great   :<) Still trying to find how to change text to white for game detail menu so thinking it must be shading or somthing. I'll get it.

Edited by Topgun_68