LaunchBox Community Forums

Same title/image issues

techtony

Im ready to pull my hair out here. I have two images for two different games. One if a Batman themed side scrolling beat em up from the 90s. The other is a Batman themed driving game thats much more recent. Both are (super creatively) named Batman. Ive left the 90s one named Batman. Ive changed the second one to a bunch of different names (Batman Raw Thrills, Batman Car Game, Batmobile, etc) but no matter what I name the games or their images, when I dump them both in my Launchbox image library one will ultimately swap to the other game for no reason and delete the other one so Im usually left with a mis-imaged game and one with no image. I even deleted the newer game and reuploaded it to Launchbox. Same thing. Any help here? Im going crazy.

Btw I do realize they should be in two different platforms (mame and teknoparrot) but Im a psycho and want every game you could find in an arcade under a platform just called "Arcade" instead of breaking them down by emulators. To me when I see Marvel vs Capcom I say "hey thats an arcade game" not "Hey thats a mame game".

Edited by techtony

34 minutes ago, techtony said:

Btw I do realize they should be in two different platforms (mame and teknoparrot) but Im a psycho and want every game you could find in an arcade under a platform just called "Arcade" instead of breaking them down by emulators.

Well that is exactly the issue, you should have them in separate platforms, Do both the games have the same database ID?

When you renamed the Games did you rename the images first?

If you have all the images for both games in the arcade image folder and then you renamed the games LB will then rename the image files. Which means it will change any image named after the same name both games had. So it is best to rename the image files first then rename the game when you have two games of the exact same name in LB.