LaunchBox Community Forums

Why do I keep having trouble launching BigBox?

Coop1960

I posted about having trouble launching BigBox about a month ago. When I tried to launch BigBox from the Tools menu or from within the Launchbox folder, everything would just shut down. After taking some suggestions, BigBox started to load.

Now, after updating to version 11.7, I am right back where I started from. I don't want to go back to the last version. Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, Coop1960 said:

It is happening on both.

Well shoot I missed that part in your first post. If LB works and BB is not, in the past the issue was antivirus quarantined BigBox.dll. Do you have Windows virus protection running also? If so check if that blocked the dll as well.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Well shoot I missed that part in your first post. If LB works and BB is not, in the past the issue was antivirus quarantined BigBox.dll. Do you have Windows virus protection running also? If so check if that blocked the dll as well.

I don't think or see where BigBox.dll was quarantined before. My windows virus protection is turned off.

What I did do was to install the last version of LB BB using a different path and tried to run BB. I had no games added so I was required to add some. I added just a few and BigBox worked just fine. I got a message stating there was a new version (11.7) available. I updated to the new version and BigBox is still working.

The only problem with this is having to load all of my Roms into this new set up. It will take some time but this will probably be the easiest fix, unless you have another way of doing it.

5 minutes ago, Coop1960 said:

I don't think or see where BigBox.dll was quarantined before. My windows virus protection is turned off.

What I did do was to install the last version of LB BB using a different path and tried to run BB. I had no games added so I was required to add some. I added just a few and BigBox worked just fine. I got a message stating there was a new version (11.7) available. I updated to the new version and BigBox is still working.

The only problem with this is having to load all of my Roms into this new set up. It will take some time but this will probably be the easiest fix, unless you have another way of doing it.

It still sounds like your antivirus deleted some files to me. Probably be easier to just copy the files from the new install to the old one to make sure all the files are there.

38 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It still sounds like your antivirus deleted some files to me. Probably be easier to just copy the files from the new install to the old one to make sure all the files are there.

OMG. The time and aggravation you have saved me is unbelievable. Thanks so much for your held. I just copied my Core folder and the LB and BB  application files Everything is working great. Thanks for your help.