LaunchBox Community Forums

Force Feedback Arcade Plugin

Your Friendly A.I Overlord

Not many people know that there is a plugin to get Force Feedback with arcade emulators. Currently the plugin works with: TeknoParrot, Demul, Mame, Supermodel and M2Emulator. I mainly use it for racing games with my Thrustmaster wheel, but it also supports rumble for controllers in racing games as well as some other genres. Sometimes it may not work perfectly, especially with every type of wheel, but the plugin is still under development.

Get it here: https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

More info here: ((Removed Link - Search Emuline site for Forcefeedback Plugin))

Demul.jpg

M2Emulator.jpg

Mame.jpg

Supermodel.jpg

TeknoParrot.jpg

Edited by Retro808
Removed link - Site also contains roms

To get it to work with Mame (32bit or 64bit) : in mame.ini under "OSD Output Options" set output to windows. Then drop the content of the appropriate Mame plugin folder (in my case MAME 64bits Outputs) containing the plugin files in your root mame folder and setup FFBPluginGUI.exe. If you haven't configured your wheel,  do so on a per game basis. Lastly I want to mention, if in some games Force Feedback does't work, you may need to enable it in the game's service menu.

output windows.jpg

Edited by Koroth
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Joejoe said:

How do you add ffb plugin to supermodel 3 with laubchbox

Add FFB Plugin (the content of the "Supermodel 64bit Outputs" folder) to your supermodel folder and configure it like usual. In LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > Supermodel, add: "-outputs=win" (without quotes) to your command-line. But T.B.H. Supermodels own Force Feedback works better for me than FFB Plugin's. 

Edited by Koroth