LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Redream/Dreamcast

Coop1960

Is there an easier way to load roms into the Redreams library than one at a time. I have quite a few Dreamcast roms in Launchbox. each time I try to play one, the Redreams library comes up and I have to go to imput and drill down the path to load it. There must be a better way. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give.

6 hours ago, Coop1960 said:

Is there an easier way to load roms into the Redreams library than one at a time. I have quite a few Dreamcast roms in Launchbox. each time I try to play one, the Redreams library comes up and I have to go to imput and drill down the path to load it. There must be a better way. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give.

You dont even need Redream to have them in its library, thats the whole point of Launchbox. As stated though just tell it your dreamcast folder and they will all show, again not that its needed for use with Launchbox.

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You dont even need Redream to have them in its library, thats the whole point of Launchbox. As stated though just tell it your dreamcast folder and they will all show, again not that its needed for use with Launchbox.

I went through the adding of roms just like I have with every other platform. My games show in LB but when I either double clikc a game, right click and select plat or launch with (Redream) instead of the game launching, Readream launches and I am brought to a menu with headers ( Games, Library, Input, Video and system). from there I have to select a game that is available in the Library. Only 3 games out of over 400 are available to p,lay.

I know I must have done something wrong. It's just like I am using Redream as a stand alone emulator.

3 minutes ago, Coop1960 said:

I went through the adding of roms just like I have with every other platform. My games show in LB but when I either double clikc a game, right click and select plat or launch with (Redream) instead of the game launching, Readream launches and I am brought to a menu with headers ( Games, Library, Input, Video and system). from there I have to select a game that is available in the Library. Only 3 games out of over 400 are available to p,lay.

I know I must have done something wrong. It's just like I am using Redream as a stand alone emulator.

Yeah then you have a configuration issue somewhere in Launchbox, although Redream needs nothing special in that regard. What format are your imported roms in?

On 11/15/2020 at 3:11 AM, Koroth said:

Could you check if LaunchBox points to the right rom file of your games? If your game is in the bin/cue format, Launchbox must point to the .cue file. If your rom is in the bin/gdi format, then select the .gdi file.

I must have done something wrong before. Frustrated, I just removed the emulator and roms and started over. I first loaded the emulator and then the roms. I think I did the opposite the first time. Everything is working fine now though. 

Thanks to all of you for your input and help.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:58 AM, neil9000 said:

Yeah then you have a configuration issue somewhere in Launchbox, although Redream needs nothing special in that regard. What format are your imported roms in?

I must have done something wrong before. Frustrated, I just removed the emulator and roms and started over. I first loaded the emulator and then the roms. I think I did the opposite the first time. Everything is working fine now though. 

Thank you for your input and help.

• 11 months later...