LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature request: Capture video snap

OdinsPlayground

Hey all. I know this might be a stretch, but would love to have a video to easily capture video snaps to be added to Launchbox. Using the pause menu to activate a 30 sec snap that automatically gets saved under the game you're playing. I imagine it asking you to confirm recording before initializing, then afterwards giving you a video preview before you choose to keep or delete it. With option to turn off prompts for faster captures.

Insane or feasible? 

EDIT: Feature request has been created here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/5755/feature-request-intuitive-video-snap (<- Feel free to upvote) 

Edited by OdinsPlayground

13 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Feasible, as this was already added in version 11.0 ;) : 

"New Feature: OBS Studio integration has been added, which allows you to easily record videos and automatically assign them to your games; take a look under Tools > Options > Integrations > OBS Studio in LaunchBox"

Haha nice! I knew OBS featured were added, but no clue it was integrated to create snaps assigned to the specific games. Thanks, I'll look into this. 

Now that I have got it working and tested it, I do have some request regarding this feature:

1) Option to set 30 sec timer on recordings.
2) Option to automatically delete the original capture (or just doing this as a standard when assigning the video capture to the game). Right now the originals are still left in capture folder regardless.
3) Option to automatically assign video and screenshot to game, skipping the prompt after quitting. 
4) Controller & Pause menu shortcuts for video capture. 

While I'm very happy with the work already put into this, I think these additional features could make it more intuitive and easy to use. Especially for creating video snaps quickly. 

1 hour ago, OdinsPlayground said:

Now that I have got it working and tested it, I do have some request regarding this feature:

1) Option to set 30 sec timer on recordings.
2) Option to automatically delete the original capture (or just doing this as a standard when assigning the video capture to the game). Right now the originals are still left in capture folder regardless.
3) Option to automatically assign video and screenshot to game, skipping the prompt after quitting. 
4) Controller & Pause menu shortcuts for video capture. 

While I'm very happy with the work already put into this, I think these additional features could make it more intuitive and easy to use. Especially for creating video snaps quickly. 

Please use our feature request link to post a ticket. I recommend then linking to it in your post here to steer users to vote on it. This helps the team track feature requests and how much the community is interested in it.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.32.24 PM.png