LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't integrate Minecraft

jjzelinski

I can't seem to get Launchbox to work with WindowsApp Minecraft.  I've been able to finally ACCESS the windowsapp folder and find the minecraft executable, which was a huge pain the butt, but I can't get the executable to launch from launchbox.  Instead, it produces a bunch off DLL errors.

I'm surprised by the lack of information about this.  Either I'm missing something obvious or no one using the most popular launcher wants to use it with one of the most popular PC games of all time?  Please make me feel stupid and help me understand my obvious mistake :)

Just now, jjzelinski said:

Either I'm missing something obvious or no one using the most popular launcher wants to use it with one of the most popular PC games of all time? 

Most people dont use the Windows store version. Cant you just find the .exe right click it and create a shortcut on the desktop? Then just drag and drop that to Launchbox?

Microsoft did not make it easy to run Windows Store game yourself. There are ways you can go about this. Right click Windows Start > Run > type: "shell:AppsFolder" (without quotes) > Find your shortcut to Minecraft > create shortcut on your Desktop > copy to a folder of your liking > import shortcut in LaunchBox.

Alternatively you can follow this guide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/starting-windows-10-store-app-from-the-command/836354c5-b5af-4d6c-b414-80e40ed14675

It describes how you can launch you Windows Store App directly, without the use of a shortcut. This allows you to run a Windows Store App directly from a .bat file or script. (For more advanced users.)

Edited by Koroth

Thanks for the replies! The big reason I'm using the windows store version is for RTX which honestly still makes all this effort worthwhile.  If there's a way to get rtx running on another version is be interested!

As for the instructions, thanks a million. That's exactly what I was looking for!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

We have native Windows Store / Xbox App import now so shouldn't need to do any of this for most games. You do need to install and launch the game at least once though for the import to be able to find the game (because of how their API is set up)