LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for media full sets

TheCrowMask

Hi everyone!

Here's an idea I've been looking into for the last couple months.

I have a bit of an OCD. Initially tried downloading some packs from ArcadePunks, but found out they are so random when it comes to standards.
Duplicate files, different resolutions, formats, color depth, different suffixes, un-intuitive folder sorting...

Decided to make it myself and started working on my own collections, I have a very strict set of rules for all of the games I've been adding:

- Handpick my ROMS: I just add all English-language games, with the priority being USA/Europe/World respectively
- 1G1R: If the ROM exists in USA, no need to add the Europe/World clones... Also I will prefer the newest revisions (REV A, for example) of any given game
- Latest No-Intro set: Always pick my roms manually from the latest available No-Intro set
- Unified Media Set: Media for each set should include Box, Box 3D, Cart Front, Cart 3D, Clear Logo, Video Snap (HQ), Screenshot (Gameplay)...
  This should be mostly sufficient to use any Theme available (No fan art or other stuff included cause these usually come in different formats/resolutions)
- Unified Media Format: All images should be PNG, sizes should be relatively close and I will resize if needed to make the formats as unified as possible where viable... No duplicates!
- No Region Folders: All images are found in the root folder of each category, also they should finish with the *01.png suffix
- Region Separated: A classic example of this would be separating Sega Genesis (USA) from Megadrive (Europe/World)
  If game exists in USA-Genesis platform, I will not add it to Megadrive-Europe (Also applies to other examples such as Nintendo NES / Famicom)
- Save Space: This is a focus, so I will only add HQ videos instead of 1080p or 4k videos... Will also look for a reasonable size for other media
- Emulators: Whatever is possible to be run by Retroarch, will be run in Retroarch, cause I just love it for everything that is 64 bits and below.
- Bezels: Every game should have a Bezel, if it doesn't exist, It will be created manually. Files and paths for the bezel configs should also be unified.

What do you think of these rules?
Is there any place where I could find something like this already available?
Would you be interested on me posting these media packs whenever I finish them?
Is there anyone else interested on helping build something like this?

Cheers!

9 hours ago, TheCrowMask said:

Hi everyone!

Here's an idea I've been looking into for the last couple months.

I have a bit of an OCD. Initially tried downloading some packs from ArcadePunks, but found out they are so random when it comes to standards.
Duplicate files, different resolutions, formats, color depth, different suffixes, un-intuitive folder sorting...

Decided to make it myself and started working on my own collections, I have a very strict set of rules for all of the games I've been adding:

- Handpick my ROMS: I just add all English-language games, with the priority being USA/Europe/World respectively
- 1G1R: If the ROM exists in USA, no need to add the Europe/World clones... Also I will prefer the newest revisions (REV A, for example) of any given game
- Latest No-Intro set: Always pick my roms manually from the latest available No-Intro set
- Unified Media Set: Media for each set should include Box, Box 3D, Cart Front, Cart 3D, Clear Logo, Video Snap (HQ), Screenshot (Gameplay)...
  This should be mostly sufficient to use any Theme available (No fan art or other stuff included cause these usually come in different formats/resolutions)
- Unified Media Format: All images should be PNG, sizes should be relatively close and I will resize if needed to make the formats as unified as possible where viable... No duplicates!
- No Region Folders: All images are found in the root folder of each category, also they should finish with the *01.png suffix
- Region Separated: A classic example of this would be separating Sega Genesis (USA) from Megadrive (Europe/World)
  If game exists in USA-Genesis platform, I will not add it to Megadrive-Europe (Also applies to other examples such as Nintendo NES / Famicom)
- Save Space: This is a focus, so I will only add HQ videos instead of 1080p or 4k videos... Will also look for a reasonable size for other media
- Emulators: Whatever is possible to be run by Retroarch, will be run in Retroarch, cause I just love it for everything that is 64 bits and below.
- Bezels: Every game should have a Bezel, if it doesn't exist, It will be created manually. Files and paths for the bezel configs should also be unified.

What do you think of these rules?
Is there any place where I could find something like this already available?
Would you be interested on me posting these media packs whenever I finish them?
Is there anyone else interested on helping build something like this?

Cheers!

You are correct .....

You do have OCD !! ?

ps, good luck with your efforts.