LaunchBox Community Forums

Have LB Remember Epic Games Login

The Papaw

1 hour ago, Wanderer189 said:

It would be nice if LB would remember your Epic Games login details rather than having to enter them every single time you use it to scrape. An option to select to remember would be best.

Thats on Epic, nothing to do with us, it's part of there security that it only remembers your login for a limited time via a browser, which is what is used here to link to your account.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats on Epic, nothing to do with us, it's part of there security that it only remembers your login for a limited time via a browser, which is what is used here to link to your account.

Appreciate the reply. I would think there would be a way to add something to remember the details and autofill it if chosen, rather than having to type it in every time. I seem to have to do it every single time. For example, when using the Missing Media feature. I have to enter it each time I change to a different media type if it uses the scraper. It was a thought.

Edited by Wanderer189

At the moment the SSO window is used to get a web token that Epic requires to get your information. That token's lifespan isn't a huge one by any means and unfortunately our options to extend it (as well as the window in which it needs to happen) are pretty limited. I can tell you that we have no real interest in saving your credentials in any sort of plain text manner as that is a security nightmare. I will look into making sure we are doing what we can to renew the SSO token when possible but I make no guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1