LaunchBox Community Forums

A little issue with images.

ModerateNOOB

Merry Christmas (A little late) :).

I have a little problem with showing the correct images in Launcbox, I have 2 ps2 games which Launchbox think's is the same game.

For some reason launchbox thinks that "10.000 Bullets" And "10 Pin: Championship Alley" is the same game, I have 2 3d box images of 10 Pin : championship alley, But they are incorrectly named as 10.000 bullets.

After trying to do a custom setup by placing 2 3d box images of each game in the 3d box folder in Launchbox, And 2 images of the games in the fan-art background folder i can not get the fan-art background to show in Launchbox, It only shows images of the 3d box as a background and on the image of the game itself.

I am sure they are spelled correctly.

Regards

I can see that the game is actually called "10 Pin: Champions Alley" on the database: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/72322

Did you check that those two entries beginning with 10 do not share the same ID? Maybe 10 Pin was added later. Did you try to remove the ID from Launchbox App and do a new metadata search? 

If you manually edited image folders did you then refresh the images/cache (pressing F5 on selected games in Launchbox)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kurzih said:

I can see that the game is actually called "10 Pin: Champions Alley" on the database: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/72322

Did you check that those two entries beginning with 10 do not share the same ID? Maybe 10 Pin was added later. Did you try to remove the ID from Launchbox App and do a new metadata search? 

If you manually edited image folders did you then refresh the images/cache (pressing F5 on selected games in Launchbox)

Thank's for the response.

Hmmm, Can't see what i am doing wrong here, When i downloaded the media for the 2 games i got 2 images of "10 Pin: Champions Alley" named incorrectly as "10.000 Bullets", But rthere was no 3d cover of 10.000 bullets even though it should be accesible to download from emumovies (Found it there manually).

I don't know really??, Maybe a glitch in the Launchbox database. Moving on :)

@ModerateNOOBI played around with this a little for you, Check in LB that game has the correct LB ID image.thumb.png.a1053d7d9e9d8dbe67986d220763310f.pngIf the ID number you have does not match, then click the red X to remove it, then make sure the title matches mine above, i had an issue right at the start i was missing the : and the LB database couldn't find the game, so i changed the title to just 10 Pin and then searched for it, it came back wth the correct title, and i added the media with no issue.

Edited by MadK9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MadK9 said:

@ModerateNOOBI played around with this a little for you, Check in LB that game has the correct LB ID image.thumb.png.a1053d7d9e9d8dbe67986d220763310f.pngIf the ID number you have does not match, then click the red X to remove it, then make sure the title matches mine above, i had an issue right at the start i was missing the : and the LB database couldn't find the game, so i changed the title to just 10 Pin and then searched for it, it came back wth the correct title, and i added the media with no issue.

Thank you for your help, It was the ID thing that was the issue.

new knowledge added.

• Game On 1