LaunchBox Community Forums

Hang when editing games

KingSlayer937

I get hanging on v1.8 when editing games, randomly. I had this same issue is a previous release, not sure why it has returned. I havent edited any games for a while so i guess i didnt notice it until now. Event viewer shows a .net issue. I did not have launchbox debugging on when it happened, seems to happen randomly and can sometimes be reproduced by repeatedly opening the edit window and clicking ok. I havent installed any .net core besides the one that launchbox installs when installing v1.8.

Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.26901
.NET Core Version: 3.1.6
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (5): Access is denied.
   at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.WaitForExitCore(Int32 milliseconds)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.WaitForExit()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.ReadHttpToken(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.RateDrivenMethod()
   at RecordParameter.NewHttpConfiguration(RecordParameter )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

sooooo.....based on the look of the forums id say we just arent getting any support anymore? 2 posts not a single comment from a dev or mod to help? kinda frustrated by that as i paid for this and it hasnt worked right since .net stuff was added. Many many people state that, but nothing is done. Pretty disappointed with all this to be honest.

Apologies you feel this way. Typically BitBucket is better place to report errors as it easier to see them then on the forums.

First step to resolve this would be to go ahead and run the installer again, just to rule out something isn't corrupt in your install. Second is to make sure you don't have any folder set to read only. Right now that error report reads like an IO issue reading/writing to a location. Also if you have plugins, I would remove them just to rule it out as a possibility.

16 minutes ago, joshchawks said:

sooooo.....based on the look of the forums id say we just arent getting any support anymore? 2 posts not a single comment from a dev or mod to help? kinda frustrated by that as i paid for this and it hasnt worked right since .net stuff was added. Many many people state that, but nothing is done. Pretty disappointed with all this to be honest.

OK, first things first, Mods are not devs and we do not usually know what a code error is about, those are for the devs to decipher. Secondly, as to you getting no answers, thats probably because no one has a answer for you, again because you provided a code error that most people dont understand. Thirdly Launchbox/Bigbox work just fine since the .net core change, there were some teething issues initially, that were as always quickly fixed. The issue you seem to be having is unique to you it seems as i havent seen that error message before that i recal. It does however say, "Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (5): Access is denied." so my guess would be permissions issues on your system, euther caused by specific folder/file permissions, or because a antivirus program has blocked/quarantined access to specific files/folders. Again though this is just a guess based on a error not designed for users to be able to easily understand, it will make sense to the deves, but not usually the common user.

• Like 2